National 12 - find out more...

Dinghy Show....

Started by Jane Wade, 09 Mar 2009, 09:28

« previous - next »

Jane Wade

...how was it?  My informer was not so impressed with the 12 on display.  What were everyone else's thoughts?
Jane

FuzzyDuck

..and who won the Jib?
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

antonygifford (Guest)

Apart from being very slighty unfinished the boat looked good.  It was certainly interesting enough to keep people talking, and taking photos of the latest Peacock designed rudder fittings on the transom.
I am told that the jib went to Peter Miatt (certainly a Miatt anyway!).  The more suprising fact is that there were several people there that fully intend to be at Burton Wk but did not bother to enter in time for the draw!
The rest of the show was the same as usual.....
Most importantly, Chris and Sophie did a great job of organising people and spending almost all weekend there, and many others (most notably John Meadowcroft) worked very hard on our behalf.  Thanks are also due to Paul from Rondar for getting the first boat done in time and bringing and removing it.
Antony

Martin

Any pics of the new boat?

johnk

Some photos were taken by an intrepid N12 crew who was hoisted onto the stand desk :-). I have one or two close ups of the rudder fittings and can post them if there is demand - they wont win a photography prize though.

Chris Day

A big thank you to everyone who helped make the Dinghy Show such a great weekend for the National 12 class! Special thanks go to all those who stayed around to help pack up on Sunday night (and let us get back up to Manchester).

There was lots of interest in the shiny new Rondar Paradigm 2 boat throughout the weekend and we even had a visit from Olympic gold medallist Paul Goodison!

Thanks again,

Chris and Sophie

John Meadowcroft

The Rondar Paradigm 2 prototype made it to the show and by the end of Sunday most of the glue had gone off!
The price makes you sit up £8500 including VAT, sails from your favourite sailmaker, carbon spars, carbon foils and fitted out to the Rondar spec...  It is fantastic to have a new builder to the Class prepared to invest in tooling and to build a boat for himself first.  If anyone wants to buy my boat, I'll have one!  See separate ad.
I enjoyed the short time I was at the show on Sunday afternoon.  Sorry to all those who my boys terrorised!

John Meadowcroft

And I forgot.  the jib.
Tom Stewart drew ticket number 48 out of the bag, so Peter Miatt won the draw for the P&B jib.  I guess that we had better get in touch with him.  I guess posting here will help... Contact Tom at P&B to confirm your requirements.
Thanks to P&B and thanks to all for entering.  We now have 49 entries.

Crusader 3244

I got back and realised I only took one shot of the 12 stand! Just as well it clear and in focus.
I have six shots and three of those were Merlins; but don't be thinking I'd be defecting.

Great show. Nice to meet folks esp. Tom and John M. Thanks to Chris and Sophie for their efforts.
'Shame Redesmere didn't win club of the year accolade .... but impressive year for the club and great to make the final five.
Christian has taken over from Alan Mason as our 12 Fleet Captain at Redesmere.

-Chris
Chris, 3244

Crusader 3244

rondar 12 on show stand
Chris, 3244

martin 1262

Is it self draining? If so  where does the water go, it seems to have a solid transom??????

Crusader 3244

Centreboard looks a bit scary. Methinks it likely to put to sea with one crew and return with two!
Chris, 3244

Crusader 3244

Hi Martin,  They still have to cut holes in transom and fit out.............
Chris, 3244

martin 1262

Louisa

For all those who were at the Dinghy Show and for those who missed it, here is the video report we did for Cowes TV:
http://www.cowes.co.uk/zonexml/story?story_id=6169;cp=0
It was a brilliant show but I had to work all day, so next year I'll know to stay the night in London so I can go back to enjoy the second day in freedom!
Plus, it was an amazing experience working with a film crew for the first time and interviewing no less than three Olympic sailors in one day...!
Louisa

n12 Bottom Banner