National 12 - find out more...

Ripon SC Gill meeting

Started by Roly Mo, 28 Aug 2008, 08:37

« previous - next »

dborrett

For anyone travelling up to Ripon/Yeadon on the A1 from the Deepest South, please be aware that there are significant roadworks around the Stamford & Colsterworth area, due to junction / roundabout reconstruction. Evening traffic jams have been typically 3-4 miles worse on Friday!

simon moss

Hi Jennie
My self and Moonshine(3349) will be at Ripon.

Cheers
Simon.

icecreamman

The Ice Cream team will be there for both days. Joe looking forward to it even more than just about anyone else

MartinMiller

Hello All
I have agreed to take ownership of N3376 on Saturday at Ripon.
I currently am on the search for a crew for the weekend including Yeadon (Sunday) if all goes well.
Please advise if you know of any one avaliable.
Thanks Martin

Chadders

Hi Martin, Happy new boat and welcome to the fleet, see you at Ripon and Yeadon, hope you get a crew sorted. Howard C

Crusader 3244

The developing Met Office forecast is SW F4/5 (11'C) for Saturday;  which has got to be an improvement over an arctic NNW F6/8 forcast for Friday. Brrrrrr!
Chris, 3244

MartinMiller

Hi Tim
3367 intends to be at Ripon and Yeadon as I have now confirmed a crew.
regards
MartinMiller 33678)

FuzzyDuck

Just agreed a sale on 3413 but potential new owner kindly letting me bring it away to play this weekend.
Simon & Matt
3413 (for a few more weeks anyway) 
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

paul turner

Greetings Peeps! Do we know how many vintage yots will be there tomorrow? Px :K)

Chadders

Vintage yotters wot I know about include Brian K, Bern if its not too windy for Ellie, Tim G if Sally signs his pass, Brian Herring if his car makes it over the pennines, Vince if its not too windy for Alex and me if I rememember to set my alarm although Andrew Benn is collecting Squidgy Bits in the morning so he will knock me up I guess! 
Not heard from but probables include Ian Purkis, Philip David and Gary from Yorkshire Ouse + a few others that may come out to play including you Paul unless vintage the competition is too strong for you and you bring your AC boat.  Forecast on XCweather shows up to 18mph so just right for us oldies!  ;D 8)
STOP PRESS as at 5pm XCweather shows 20-22mph in the afternoon, looks good to me Paul.

simon moss

Hurray my new rudders arrived with only hours to spare, Looks like the wind is going to be a bit stronger than last year!! :D
Simon

martin 1262

Hi will be there in 3458. However wont be able to stop for the evening as need to get back.
Sorry but wont be able to make Yeadon but forecast there look sunny!!:)

Martin and Matt
White heat

philipcosson

What a fantastic turn out - i just wish i had been able to sail. Wind was gusting to 40-50MPH at times  - several boats blown off trolleys and a very busy safety boat.
I'm sure I saw a vintage boat virtually leave the water at one stage (that was just before it capsized) - Graham's camera was out and about - so some video might make it onto the web.

Ripon really is a fantastic venue for 12 sailing - well done to all who organise this event and to the fantastic caterers.
Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

Roly Mo

Some fantastic pics on the Ripon SC website, courtesy of Ian Smith - http://www.ripon-sc.org.uk/Gallery/N12_08/N12_2008/index.html should take you there.  Some really good pics of flying and swimming 12's!

Thank you to everyone who came along and joined in the fun - it was great to have such a lovely fleet for the event. 

Mrs RM :)

FuzzyDuck

Fantastic meeting as always. Well worth the drive for what has got to go doen as one of the most challanging open meetings I have ever sailed in.  On thing you always get a Ripon are great pictures as boats flew past the clubhouse.
Thanks to Team Roly MO for their hospitality and looking after us on Friday and Saturday night. I especially liked the bit when we were running the bar late Saturday night!
Simon & Matt
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

n12 Bottom Banner