National 12 - find out more...

Ripon SC Gill meeting

Started by Roly Mo, 28 Aug 2008, 08:37

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

The penultimate meeting of the 2008 Gill series takes place at Ripon Sailing Club on Saturday 4 October, and the club extends a very warm welcome to the National 12 class for this event.

The first race will be at 11am, with briefing at 10.30am.  There will be 3 races, with 2 to count, and the entry fee is £12.  We are delighted to have our regular OOD, Richard Whiteley, in charge of racing for the day.  The event qualifies for the Gill, Old Spice (Northern) and Vintage series.

Camping is available at the club on Saturday night to allow sailors to enjoy the supper and social after sailing on Saturday  - the bar will be open and well stocked - and to hopefully encourage people to attend the open meeting at nearby Yeadon SC the following day.  Camping is also available on Friday night - anyone wishing to stay on Friday night is asked to get in touch with us so that we can make arrangements for access to the club grounds.

The poster for the event will be on the website shortly, and a briefing note will follow in the next few days.

We look forward to welcoming you to Ripon SC.

Team Roly Mo  :)

Big Bri

Hi there Bernard, Met you at Largs/Cumbraes. I couldn't find your email address. This is mine: meavaig@hotmail.com Could you drop me a line and give me yours. Hear from you soon. Brian. (N3227)

Roly Mo

If anyone is wanting child care at this event we have a friend who is a very well qualified Nursery Nurse and is willing to work that day.  Please get in touch if you'd like more details,
RM

Roly Mo

Grafham has now been and gone, so Ripon's the next Gill meeting on the calendar!  We are hoping for a great turnout but so far have had very few responses . . . . surely more than Angus, Howard Elock, me and Howard C are coming out to play?
RM

Roly Mo

Just under 2 weeks away and less than 10 people intending to be there.  Surely this can't be right?  At the moment it looks like shopping for prizes is going to be easy as we won't need many and the evening meal isn't looking like a clubhouse filler . . . .
If you are intending to come along it would be good if you could let us know - I have to give an idea of numbers for catering purposes at the end of this week.  We also need advance warning if anyone is going to want to camp at the club on Friday night - largely because this means we will need to organise ourselves to be there to let you in. 
Looking forward to a veritable flood of postings (but not holding my breath!)
Jennie

Tim Gatti

I'll be there with Tace and one of my vintage 12's. Tim

Simon (Guest)

Sorry I havn't posted earlier but been working in the US.  Matt and I are planning to come to Ripon and Yeadon and will need to camp, eat and drink Saturday night, possibly Friday also.  Can I let you know about Friday later. It depends when I can get away from the office to how far we get "oop north" on the Friday night
Simon

Roly Mo

At the moment it looks like we will be down Friday night anyway as we already have one person intending to stay that night.  Would appreciate a call nearer the time so we know whether or not to expect you.
RM

Crusader 3244

Hi Jennie, thanks for coming back to me. Plans are firming up and so we expect to attend Ripon and follow on to Yeadon. I've included more comments in an email.  Chris and Ben.
Chris, 3244

Ian Norman

Hi
Planning to bring 'Zarniwoop' N3107 along with my son Louis.  Cheers Ian
Zarniwoop - N3107

GregPitt

Really hoping to make it to Ripon. Think we need to try sailing this new boat of ours!
We will just do the return journey  in one day so no need for accomodation. Yeadon would be tempting but it is in the wrong direction for us to get home.
Looking forward to it.
Greg Pitt (new member) N3473

paul turner

Greetings Jennie! Dolly Daydream and her intrepid crew intend to be there - so that makes two yots from TeamTrentValley.....:K)

andyp

Hi, Charlotte and I will be attending in 3465 Crouching Tigger (Tiger)

Tim Gatti

To save some double entries and help with Sunday's catering - if you are attending Ripon but will NOT be coming on to Yeadon the next day please could you let me know in your post. Thanks.Tim

andyp

we will only be doing the Saturdy at Ripon as we had already agreed to do an open meeting nearer home on the sunday

n12 Bottom Banner