National 12 - find out more...

Vintage boat on ebay

Started by John Meadowcroft, 28 Oct 2008, 07:46

« previous - next »

Jimbo41

That's one for Tim Gatti....
Jim.

Tim Gatti

That's extremely kind of you to think of me Jim - but I think not.  Discovered rot in the ply planking of my Mk12 at the weekend - old war wounds I think, well covered with paint but now making themselves known by characteristic delamination ripples in the surface finish. Some very big holes have resulted where I've cut away to locate sound timber (see pics). Some interesting repairs to sort over the next few weeks I think. Never a dull moment with a family of wooden boats to support! Good luck with your trip from Bavaria with Passion Pudding this weekend.Tim

Tasarteaser (Guest)

Looks like major devastation Tim:o:o:o:o:o:o

Thanks for your best wishes for the journey to Blighty and I´m sorry I couldn´t squeeze in Nuttyshell underneath. It would however appear that you have a restoration project already at hand :-/. Good luck with it. 
Jim (Ex. N3470 On its way on Friday to Fuzzyduck)

angus

All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Roly Mo

Tim, that was a nice sailing boat the other week!
Angus - note the well fixed gunwhales . . . .

Tim Gatti

Yes - just see what happens when they let me loose with a chisel and a jig saw - carnage!  Just as well I didn't know about the rot when Seb and I were bouncing around on the waves all week at Teignmouth. 

angus

So thats where my worms went. Tim equipe em with paddles and yuel go like smoke inlight winds or is that like lighting in a storm.
I do feel that this time of year is a bad time for boats with a bit of rot in them. :o
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

thedodger

Jim, thanks for telling me PP is sold, I have a feeling one of the Spinnaker members will be a bit disappointed.

Tim Gatti

The Vintage boat on ebay was N760 'Bobtail' - a 1949 Landamore design.  It was purchased by NTOA member John Chalker and collected this weekend and is now in his garage awaiting restoration. See his entry on Boat Database. Good luck John!

n12 Bottom Banner