National 12 - find out more...

Jo Richards and "Dead Cat Bounce" on Cowes Online

Started by L Mamakou (Guest), 13 Nov 2008, 06:29

« previous - next »

L Mamakou (Guest)

sam293

<h2>"The sail plan is the same as he used for Bouncer, 65% main and 25% jib" </h2>
so wheres the other 10%?
but other than that all exciting new ideas
hope to see it out on the water as well as have a go!

MikeDay

Well, well, great to see Dead Cat Bounce finished, looking very impressive and on the water ... well done to Jo.  Looking at the photos of it sailing, it seems to have pretty low freeboard or is that my imagination? Anyway, it's wonderful to have Jo's creative spirit engaged in pursuit of Twelve perfection again.

Mike D
N3496

Jeremy C

Is it my imagination, or is that a second hull in the backround of the first photo?
Who else is shopping?
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Roly Mo

Wow!  Any chance of DCB being at the Dinghy Show?  Would really open some eyes!
RM

icecreamman

Certainly looks and sounds interesting, all the innovative bits and pieces like Roly Mo said would certainly open eyes at the Dinghy Show if we could persuade Jo to come across the water to see us all.

Adele (Guest)

Wow, she looks interesting, and rather pretty too! I want a play!! Well done Jo, hopefully she'll generate some more interest for the class.

Adele

FuzzyDuck

I like the rudder arrangement, very neat and simple.
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

DavidG (Guest)

Strikes me that it would not be expensive to build... She looks a modern, innovative boat, exactly why Development classes move on and One Designs stand still!
David

Tim Gatti

Looks like base of rudder stock can be moved fwd and aft , pivoting on top fixing, to alter angle of 'T' foils?  Wonder if that's the case.  Clever if it is. Nice boat. (Looks a little like Rob Peebles 'Soapdish' from astern)

Antony (Guest)

It looks great, but there is nowhere for sandwiches at all.  It is bad enough in the Foolish.....
Now all we need to do is persuade Jo to leave the comfort of the IoW and come and show us the boat.
It would be great to see it at the Dinghy Show, but as usual the Committee determine which boat is on the NTOA stand.  I guess Jo might be able to persuade a trade stand to have his boat....
Antony

THG

Nice looking boat - sort of reminds me of the NS boat thats based over at Chew.
THG

L Mamakou (Guest)

Apologies for confusion re sails for N3519.  Text now corrected on Cowes Online and reads:
"The sail plan is the same as he used for Bouncer, of around 66 square feet (6.1m²) for the main and 24 square feet (2.3m²) for the jib."
First photo shows finished hull with moulds in background, not another Twelve in the making.
http://www.cowes.co.uk/zonexml/story?story_id=5509;cp=0

grazz

Very elegant inside, like the look of the narrow transom, will be interesting to see if that works well with the wings.It looks like pretty low freeboard from the photos, not sure I'd want to start next to Gavin's boat in it!

When can we have a go, Jo?

n12 Bottom Banner