National 12 - find out more...

Now look what's being said

Started by David_Wilkins, 30 Nov 2008, 11:35

« previous - next »

David_Wilkins

David Wilkins<br /><br /><br />Ex 925, 2433,2730,2825,3139,3345.3405,3481

Jane Wade

There are some people who spend so much time on forums I do wonder how they a / get any work done or b / find time to go sailing!

;)

Fran G (Guest)

I can't write to Y&Y but I know Doug (hello Doug, its Fran the occasional 4000 sailor, met you a few times including Garda this year) and he would be perfect for a 12.  Doug, I've owned a 12 for 9 years, and they are amazing boats.  I have only sold for a brief change to try and do some other things but I predict owning one again in a couple of years.

I think you'll really enjoy them if you get one, and great news as well if you buy one from Mike.

Call me to discuss the fleet and boats etc if you like.  07810446377.

Cheerio, Fran
ex 3431

thedodger

Did someone upset Rick? not sure what he's getting at...

andymck

Well there is at least one new boat from that thread. Will be picking up 3466 this weekend. Will be at burghfield if I can find someone to crew, future club crew (wife) still pregnant! Will be good to get back in a 12 again, though the watching the food after sailing weight equalised boats for a while is not so appealing. 

Andy Mck
ex 2923, 2947, 3162, and soon to be 3466. 
Wow, thats half as many as david!
Andy Mck<br />3529

Martin

Quote from: 495Did someone upset Rick? not sure what he's getting at...

Teddies and prams spring to mind...........

Derek

Perhaps he was looking for a reason for not being immediately in the top 5 that didn't involve recognising that there are an awful lot of VERY good people in the class!
For a class with a comparatively small fleet, I have (personally) noticed that if the numbers are decreasing, the fall-out rate seems to be from people behind me not in front making it even more difficult for newcomers who strong aspirations to stay motivated....or is it just that I am moving towards the back of the fleet as anno domini accumulate.

Derek

unsure (Guest)

To be fair to Rick I think he was after a slightly different type of sailing than the 12s currently offer.  I think the RS many short races, long day on the water appealed to him more than our one race a day, ‘family friendly’ type formats.  I think he was also slightly frustrated by some of our rule restrictions and that fact that he was sailing towards the top end of the weight range.  Perhaps we’ll see him back again one day, I’d like to think so.

Derek

Martin

Six page thread and still going strong!!

James Taylor

I must say since rick has left the class he has not done much for our rep, He brought a boat which most people and I think the class website has details on saying it is a boat for lightweights and the disisons at Burton 07 in a protest meeting went his way, any from what I can remember it was something that no one else in the class would have protested over.
James 3402 in need of a sail

Antony (Guest)

Rick and Daryl (who posts under another name) are fully entitled to their opinions.. they spent time in the class and so at least have the evidence to back their views. 
Rick wass a very useful (if fleeting) visitor to the class, with interesting opinions as well as putting significant effort behind the survey we did that year, and a pretty solid understanding of the issues that the class has/does and will face in bringing new people in.
In conclusion:  Don't worry about people having different opinions to your own, and accept that in some way they probably have vaild points.
Antony
N3514

David_Wilkins

It must be good to keep the Class on the active topics on the Y&Y forum! The negative comments come from some outside the Class  - mainly from the 2 noted above. Unfortunately these 2 do seem to spend most of their day on the Forum! More posts from those within the class whom I know really enjoy their boats would be excellent publicity.

Cheers
David Wilkins<br /><br /><br />Ex 925, 2433,2730,2825,3139,3345.3405,3481

Crusader 3244

Has any body else considered "Displacement Activity" for a boat name? ........::)
Chris, 3244

n12 Bottom Banner