National 12 - find out more...

N2515 Maxwell's Demon

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 02 Jul 2008, 03:16

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2515 Maxwell's Demon. Design: China Doll, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1967

malcolmcjames

First N12 I ever sailed in! Crewed for John Sears in one of Burton SC's Wednesday night h'cap races summer 1972. John took the boat to TVSC when he finished at Repton. Richard Watson bought her back to Burton in 1974 and had a lot of success in her - both at Branston and around the Midland circuit. Am sure that he won North-West Norfolk week in her either 1975 or 1976. Hull was a dark blue colour with name outlined in white on the rear quarters.

malcolmcjames

Two photos of N2515 'Maxwell's Demon' from the Burton SC N12 open meeting in 1975. An island start towards the top end of the lake (so must have been a rare NE breeze) with Richard Watson and Wendy Shreeve gybing on the start line. Close racing with N2606 'Drenched Wench' helmed by me with Dr Martin Butler crewing.

landslide

Nice Picture! Need to look at the barrel to see when i won it. Two years in 2515 with Wendy and once in 2773 with the Merlin Sailors partner / wife who set up the ski place at Swad, John Kelly was it? I do remember filling the Barrel, it leaked! More pictures Malc, nice to catch up.

malcolmcjames

Thanks for comments Richard. Kathy & John Kelly! So skiing was their real thing? Here is another sailing one taken at Nottingham 12 Open; most likely 1975 or 1976. You, Wendy and (I think) a young Richard Morrell - our boats are tied up in the background.

n12 Bottom Banner