National 12 - find out more...

Hunstanton Entry limited

Started by Tom Stewart, 26 Mar 2009, 08:52

« previous - next »

Tom Stewart

WARNING! The entries for the Hunstanton weekend of the Gill Series has been limited to 65 boats, this includes all boats and not just Twelves. There were 69 boats last year and already there has been loads of interest from Twelve sailors, with various people who don't normally go planning to do the week.
Entries forms can be downloaded from the NWNSA website  http://www.norfolkweek.co.uk/ If you are planning on going (week or wekend) please enter as soon as possible and let us know via the forum. 
You cannot enter on the day at Hunstanton, so please avoid disappointment and act now!
Tom Stewart N3513

John Meadowcroft

We are going; we will get our fingers out and enter...
John + Katy

Antony (Guest)

Thanks for the warning Tom, and Graham.  Our entry form is now in the post, with SAE (nearly missed that bit). 
I think that the key to this issue is to prove that 12s are not only the biggest but also the most organised class at NWNW.  If they have 40+ entries from the 12s by the end of March perhaps they will review the limit faced with the prospect of telling their own members there is no room!
For those not aware of the history this is the 60th year of NWNW and the N12 class are founding members and a core part of this event through history.  Furthermore, several significant groups of past and present 12 sailors spent enjoyable parts of their youth at this event making new friendships and enjoying some very entertaining sailing.  I have not done the week since the early 1990s, but we will be there with children and their grandparents (so just like in the 1990s....).
Antony
N3514

Kevin

Entry form went in the post this morning. Although a regular at Hunstanton and having done guest appearances at most of the other venues, this will be the first time I have ever entered for the week. I am looking forward to seeing what the missus usually gets up to while I am not around!!!!!!!!

Kevin
N3512

Little Bo

It might be helpful if people could pass on the message to those who are not devotees of the discussion group but do like their Norfolk sailing!
J

Andy Bayliss

Entry went in the post today, looking forward to it already!

Steve Sallis (Guest)

Our entry went in earlier this week after I saw the warnings on this forum, so thanks Tom and Graham. I was going to post something on the Hykeham SC forum to let the NWNW devotees know about the limit, but when I went on I could see the message had already got around and by Tuesday evening quite a few had already sent off their entry.

Regards,
Steve
N3436

n12 Bottom Banner