National 12 - find out more...

Eastern Area Dinner

Started by Jerry G, 01 Feb 2009, 06:49

« previous - next »

Jerry G

Any more information about the dinner at RHYC?  I understand it is on 14 Feb which is early enough that my valentine will not be acting as midwife to sheep this time.  How much and who do we book with?

antony (Guest)

Jerry,
I have just spoken to Bruce, and can confirm the following pieces of information:
The RHYC National 12 Dinner is on Feb 14th, a perfect way to avoid any other plans that night and a great way to catch up with lots or people and talk about boats that you love....
The price is tba... but as usual will be very reasonable. 
RSVP is to Bruce (no. in the book) or me by email.. or to this posting on the Forum.
There are already at least 20 people that have confirmed their attendence with Bruce.
There will be a boat.. yes a real one.. on show, and experts to dole out pearls of wisdom on buying boats, building boats, making foils and sail cloth and sail design all present and willing.  I would guess there will be a few of us happy to chat about sailing them in the past and the future too!
So... RSVP as soon as possible,  the caterer has quite reasonably asked for an idea of numbers this week.
See you there, any questions let us know...
Antony
N3514

Antony (Guest)

Bruce has persuaded the caterer to wait for numbers until Monday, so not too late..... 
Easiest to let Bruce know by telephone, but otherwise post here or email me and i will let him know.
Antony

John Meadowcroft

I spoke to Bruce last night - looks like 40 people coming

Andy and Adele (Guest)

Hi,

Is there any sailing at Harwich on the Saturday or Sunday?
Andy Douglas/Adele Cameron

Antony (Guest)

There is  no sailing at RHYC next weekend, as discussed previously the mid-winters are not taking place after a couple of years of insufficient interest.  Tom & Liz and I think Jon and Char are talking about sailing at Ardleigh on Sunday.  My crew is skiing..........
Antony

Andy (Guest)

We'll check the forecast and hopefully bring Loki up. We'd be up for a sail on Sunday if anyone's going.
Andy Douglas

n12 Bottom Banner