National 12 - find out more...

New PY Number

Started by James Taylor, 07 Mar 2009, 11:10

« previous - next »

James Taylor

So who's been going quick then last year then as we have dropped 1 PY number, Not the biggest change but one of not very many.

James and Emma:)
N3402

Derek

I don't know how this is done these days, but there being less club events, is it possible it comes from results like the Bloody Mary etc?
If we get a truly windy year in all the big handicap events and we get panned by the trapeze boats, does it move back? I suspect not...

Mike S (Guest)

I'd hope the system is sophisticated enough that one major handicap race does not skew the results. In the club and regatta racing I've been exposed to lately, 12s do well in a range of conditions against a wide range of boats. I'm not surprised at the change - its all but insignificant taken on its own - a matter of a few seconds a race. More valid would be how its changed against other boats over that last 5 years or so.

Cant see how the Phantom managed to avoid a cut though

Mike
N3491

JimC (Guest)

Quote from: Mike S (Guest)More valid would be how its changed against other boats over that last 5 years or so.

Most numbers are pretty static, especially the primary ones. There'sa hard core that hasn't changed in thirty years if you do the conversions. Here's the changes I have recorded for your PY, translated into current equivalent.
1973 - 1117
1985 - 1107
1995 -1098
1998 - 1097
2002 - 1096
2003 - 1093

n12 Bottom Banner