National 12 - find out more...

Newburn- Who is coming to play?

Started by Chadders, 16 Mar 2009, 09:23

« previous - next »

Chadders

Hi all just wondering who is coming out to play on the Tyne this Sunday? 
Eleven am start and it should be sunny and warm (ish) so it should be a good sail!  The OOD promises not to send us into the trees and the pub is on standby for after racing so what could be better?  Squidgy Bits is going, who else???????????

angus

Agent Orange should be there providing I can find all the bits.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Mark (Guest)

We were going to give this a miss, but the promise to omitt the tree line section from the course could just tempt us out onto the water.  Just need to sort out a babysitter.

mark

Roly Mo

Sorry, but I'll be giving it a miss this year. Tacking up the river is just too hard on crutches.  Hope to be fit in time for Annandale but it may have to be in Xanthus and not Roly.
RM:(

Lukepiewalker

Here's incentive to make Annandale, I'm chalked in to be race officer.... subject to employment and such like...??)

simon moss

Hi Sorry  Nutmeg can't make it I'm TOLD it's Mothers Day!!
Simon

Roly Mo

Luke - are you organising the entertainment as well?
RM
PS  Went to a new rules seminar last night, very interesting section on race management!

Lukepiewalker

I hope not!!!
I went to a rules seminar last week, ended up arguing over rule 17...

Tim Gatti

I had planned to be there but Seb has his first public gig with his band in Leeds that afternoon. So after hopefully earning a few brownie points meeting some traditional Mother's Day style expectations, I will be acting as roadie for a noisy rock band while you enjoy the calm and solace of a pleasant Spring day on the Tyne.  Enjoy ....and hope to see you all at Annandale in April. Tim

angus

Sorry tim I must of miss heard, I thought it was rot problems you had not Rock problems8) Never mind we will all shout at you when you come to Annandale
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Chadders

Not seen a report as yet but in short!!-
Mark and Emma survived one lap and won.  Well Done Fantastic Performance given the 30mph+ winds down the river and inclusive of 10 to 20 degree shifts just to make it a tad tricky!
  Quote from Mark "Not been that fast for a while"
Howard,s:-    Steavenson fell in once made the top mark but then returned under jib
                Chadwick made the top mark fell in several times, hit the trees and came in under jib.
Philip David/John Cheetham  made it to the first bend and turned round to come back (Good Decision)
Teams Herring, Purkis and Beyts dissapeared shortly after the start!   An even better decision!!!!!!!
Great hospitality and grub for those able to sail and thanks to the OOD for a good decision to shorten to one lap although if he had kept to two we would all have ended up with 9 points I suspect.  Howard C aka Chadders.

Tim Gatti

RE rot/rock problems referred to by Angus - have now mended my eardrums with some epoxy after the very loud gig.  N2255 'Purely Platonic' now sorted too - see recent entry on Boat database.  Getting N3227 ready for Ananndale now.  See you all there! Tim

n12 Bottom Banner