National 12 - find out more...

IM GETTEING STRESSED~@~@~@~@~@

Started by chopper, 13 Apr 2009, 09:45

« previous - next »

chopper

Still looking for a boat to sail with my 7 year old boy sailing season is almost here and so is the Burton and still no boat arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

tonyelgar

N3231 a baggy 2 is still on the for sale list and being in norfolk isnt a million miles away from you. on the list for £795 and sounds a well sorted boat. Since it has been there a while i wonder if a sensible offer might shift her? Would fit the bill for your requirements as well perhaps?
best of luck

Tony
ex 2760/3255

chopper

only prob is with the baggy 2 its no good in light stuff and seing my boy is ony 7 its mainly light wind stuff thats important but it might still be a option if nothing else comes up soon

andymck

What happened to Gilespie?
That boat will be a good one who ever gets their hands on her.

Andy
Andy Mck<br />3529

johnk

The "For Sale" section has just had a Pipedream added

David_Wilkins

A Baggy with little weight in it is fine in the light stuff - when your lad gets a bit bigger you might stick a bit but by then there will probably be something else on the market.
David Wilkins<br /><br /><br />Ex 925, 2433,2730,2825,3139,3345.3405,3481

OMSC

the light wind boats will be harder to sail when the wind picks up, so surely having a boat that you can sail in the higher winds will give your son more confidence?

trying to sail a cheshire cat in a F5 is interesting to say the least, sailing a baggy I find possible with a 12 yr old crew, sailing the street legal is a scream. at the end of the day, a baggy will not disgrace you in the light stuff if you can sail it well and have an ultra light crew in the front, and you will be able to take it out in higher winds.  They are a solid design too that will not drop money, so in a couple of years when you want to get your £££ back to buy a dead cat bounce and play ion the DB fleet, it has not cost you.

Just my thoughts.  If I were you, I would spend a few hundred on anything solid and just get out there, get sailing, and have fun. is that tigress still available because they are great too, and at £400, yu cannot go wrong.

David_Wilkins

There are many in the class who have watched Mr Bill's transome disapearing into the distance! She was frequently spotted in the prizes both at Burton Week and on the circuit in the late 80's/early nineties in the hands of Steve Sallis.
David Wilkins<br /><br /><br />Ex 925, 2433,2730,2825,3139,3345.3405,3481

Antony (Guest)

Paul,
I might be able to find you a Crusader.  Drop me an email with some idea what you think you want and your budget.
Antony
N3514

chopper

IM NOW NOT STRESSED IVE GOT IT.
Gillespie another one that liked to show its transome a few years ago

andymck

Congratulations, Gillespie had been in my dads barn for a while until last year, has always been kept inside, has a carbon mast and a very good set of alverbanks, would have gone for her myself if I had not managed to get hold of 3466 over the winter. I noticed there were a couple of areas on the decks that will need sorting, I think Tony used 2 pack varnish. New trailer as well! I expect she was a bargain for what you got. AND DON'T change the name of this famous boat!

Andy
Andy Mck<br />3529

chopper

yep happy withit didnt get carbon mast just Tin one guess Tony had other plans for that but dont need it a moment just got to get my boy sailing did get the good sails though.
looking forward to sailing her

Tim Gatti

Time to get that Burton entry in the post methinks.  Glad you struck lucky with Gillespie. Tim

n12 Bottom Banner