National 12 - find out more...

Potential Jenny Lee Trophy (NWNW)

Started by Roly Mo, 03 Apr 2009, 07:30

« previous - next »

icecreamman

For anyone who has not been to Norfolk Week, i would suggest having a look at the webcams for the north Norfolk coast. The one at Wells looks back over the main bit of the harbour, the one at Overy Staithe looks downstream from Peter Becks and the one at Blakeney looks down the cut. Check them out at low tide for a laugh and you will understand what folk mean when they talk about sailing over wet grass at Norfolk. Nothing much to report on them at the minute, just a the odd car milling around at Blakeney.

Bailers up (Guest)

It always seemed shallower at high tide, when you were sailing over something that was never meant to be river at all.

andyp

Can we enter this race on it's own (+Hunstanton if they accept our entry) as we come straight from work and be ready for a 7.00pm start?

Roly Mo

The Jenny Lee is a very special event which welcomes all 12's, including those not doing the rest of the week,  and isn't charged for as part of the main NWNW event.  Just come along and join in - everyone at OSSC will be delighted to see you.  Have you sailed there before?  Top tip is not to leave your car on the hard as it frequently floods at high tide!
ICM - I have just noted a red car driving away at Blakeney . . . .
Mrs RM

John Hugo

Who was Jenny Lee?   Probably not the wife of Eneurin Bevan, but it's a nice thught.
N3475  

John Hugo

Who was Jenny Lee?   Probably not the wife of Eneurin Bevan, but it's a nice thught.
N3475  

Little Bo

I suspect ICM, either in person or via the Old Man of the Sea, has the answer to this one!

Mrs RM

icecreamman

Jenny Lee used to sail Twelves a long time ago sat at the front of them for a variety of people. Sadly she died of cancer some years ago. I believe that she had some sort of connection with the Norfolk area, but Tricia Wood will tell you more about her than I can as she was good friends with her before she died.

n12 Bottom Banner