National 12 - find out more...

Wetsuit request

Started by Pip, 22 Apr 2009, 09:17

« previous - next »

Pip

Hi all,
With this nice weather I've realised that perhaps only owning a drysuit won't be so sensible for Burton Weekend. Due to an unfortunate growing incident last year I am no longer able to stand up in my wetsuit when it is zipped up!  I am technically a student (though one that pays income tax at the moment) and thus have an aversion to spending money and so am looking for a bargain.  Sadly I won't be getting much sailing in this year so don't really want to spend lots on something I'll only wear for a few events!

So, does anyone, well any lady, have a second hand wetsuit they would like to get rid of for a reasonable price?  Even with my slight amount of growing, I am still looking for the small sizes!

Jane Wade

HI Pip
There are only two outfits you need for sailing - Drysuit or no drysuit.  I have yet to find conditions in which a wetsuit would be necessary.  Save yourself the hassle - if the weather is good enough just put your waterproof trousers on instead. TC is not known for flipping it so you should be safe!

Jane

Fran G (Guest)

Pip,

I'm about to leave you a message on facebook.  For anyone interested, I am about to offer Pip a wetsuit but the details are quite boring for everyone else.

Fran

broz

I have a dry suit, hardly ever wear it. Not once  this Winter and im over 60.

andymck

I got my last one off ebay, brand new, previous years colours, and for 1/3rd retail price.
Worth a look Pip.
Andy
Andy Mck<br />3529

martin 1262

Agreed Ebay worth a look, try a shortie wetsuit wore mine at the weekend not too hot or too cold...:)

Kevin

Can't believe my crew has only two outfits for anything. That would not be in the Alpha Male tradition!!

Kevin

Jane Wade

Only two outfits for sailing but a selection of nail varnish, suncream, hair clips...

Pip

I'll agree with Jane on the need to accessorise the sailing outfit - however, I am a bit fussier requiring a number of options in outfits as well.
Many thanks to everyones help, both on here as well as via email and facebook! Hopefully I shall be well prepared for whatever weather throws at us for Burton Week(end). See you all there! :)

n12 Bottom Banner