National 12 - find out more...

Get your Norfolk Week & Hunstanton entry in quick

Started by grazz, 26 Mar 2009, 09:04

« previous - next »

gerry ledger

I'm number 5
It may be a long time Jane but I bet you have'nt fogotten it, but we won't mention that. Crabs on holls that week, going to Hullbridge.

Antony (Guest)

Got ours too, number 8 and two chalets pretty close to Team Roly Mo in 'C' block.
Strongly suspect that we will have four crabbers in our party, although having taken James and Rory crab fishing in Walberswick (the home of British crab fishing) I have to say that their attention span is a little short! 
When do we find out what is happening about the Jennie Lee?
My last NWNW must have been in a pretty similar year Jane, but i can remember them all fondly.... flooded tent, friendly folk at BSSC and all...
Antony

Roly Mo

RM once had a Walberswick crabbingfest T shirt . . .   We won't mention what it said on it for fear of offence!
I will try and find out what I can about the Jenny Lee.  This reminds me I must pay our OSSC subs . . .

Mrs RM

paul turner

I say
I say
I say
What is the plural noun for a collection of CRABS?
A dose? ;D

Roly Mo

See separate post re Jenny Lee - possibility of Thursday evening.  Am looking at the picture we have from 2007 and dreaming of those wonderful warm Norfolk evenings!
Mrs RM

Jerry G

Telephoned David Baddeley to ask about our entry for the weekend at Hunstanton.  Hunstanton SC is giving priority to those attending the whole of NWNW, we shall be told in July if our entry is accepted!  That will make it difficult to book accommodation or camp site for the Saturday night (free camping at Snettisham might be possible?).  We shall have to plan to attend at least 4 other Gill events in order to be sure of qualifying.  It hardly makes this an "open" event if entry is restricted to those who can spare a whole week (one reason for shortening Burton Week).

sam293

how will this effect the gill series?
if some people are not able to enter the weekend?

John Meadowcroft

Jerry
Be assured that he N12 Committee are well aware of the problems re Hunstanton / inclusion in the Gill Series.  It was resolved at a meeting last weekend that if there is an incidence of people being unable to attend due to the entry requirements it will not form part of the 2009 Gill Series which is quite clearly an Open Event.  At the moment this is a bit of wait and see which I appreciate is not an ideal situation.  I note your comments regarding accommodation which I realise are important.
John

andyp

Latest News Below
1st April 09  Weekly entries are now at 55 and acknowledgements are in the post.  It would now seem that daily entries for Hunstanton are unlikely to be accepted.

dborrett

Latest info from the Norfolk Week website
"Weekly entries for H.S.C are now at 58, when 65 is reached, entries for the rest of the week including Snettisham regatta will be accepted at £60 and the 4 Hunstanton races will be scored as average points.
Fleet entries so far.  Nat 12  26. Laser 6. Supernova 6. Allcomers15. Ent 5."

Roly Mo

Good to see such a large 12 contingent, but sad to see the Ents in single figures - they used to be a huge fleet.

OMSC

it is the same week as the ent nationals, so that would explain the lack of numbers from them.

n12 Bottom Banner