National 12 - find out more...

Weather Watch for Burton Week(end)

Started by FuzzyDuck, 15 May 2009, 03:47

« previous - next »

FuzzyDuck

I like the comment on the Met office web site for the Brton week(end)
There is a possibility of some quite high temperatures for the southeast next Friday. Into the following week, and the weather remains unsettled for most. However, it may become drier and warmer for some southern and southeastern areas.
Its the Sothend-on-Sea micro-climate, I hope!
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

martin 1262

Must be better than weather today, even my SatNav said that car drivers needed an umbrella whilst driving in yorkshire today. I think they meant inside the car not out!!!
:o:o
Martin

Crusader 3244

..wonder whether to pack shorts or sou'wester? Hmm, this being England.
I see they remain consistent up to yet; generally unsettled, but possibly above average temps in the southeast. Breezes look likely :):)
Did you get to practice,  Simon?
Chris, 3244

FuzzyDuck

No we spent 2 days watching the gales blow onshore at Thorpe Bay.
Windsurfers and Kite boarders only!
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

tonyelgar

Think i ll make sure my power kites are left in the boot then... :P
ex 2760/3255

MikeDay

Yesterday, the Saturday forecast was for 20mph from the west.  Today, they're showing a nice fat high sitting over Essex for the same day.  Tomorrow, it'll probably be snow ...

Mike D
N3496

Kevin

Ignore the forecast, we have our own micro-climate in Southend. I have ordered a nice force 3-4 sea breeze with plenty of sunshine, azure coloured water, dolphins frolicking alongside as we go out to the course, and mermaids decorating the beach as we return after sailing.

Kevin

Barry

Quote from: 165Ignore the forecast, we have our own micro-climate in Southend. I have ordered a nice force 3-4 sea breeze with plenty of sunshine, azure coloured water, dolphins frolicking alongside as we go out to the course, and mermaids decorating the beach as we return after sailing.

Kevin

Almost exactly as I remember sailing in Southend! I think

Roly Mo

All this is making us very sad that we can't be there.  We shall spend the weekend in Norfolk getting in sneaky crabbing practice for NWNW and thinking of you all! 
Have fun everyone,
Team RM

Graham Iles

Although I don't want to rain on Dad's Parade. I feel I should let you all know that due to the high number of entries hes had to cancel the original order of 20 mermaids due to a lack of space on the beach given the large number of trollies. The money saved has been invested in extra safety cover.

As we didn't want to disappoint will still be a Mermaid booked, just one of the Essex variety, a less reliable breed, and very parochial. the only issue is they're part human, part fish, and part whale.

Graham

Tim Gatti

Looks like we'll have to make do with the frolicking dolphins then. 

Lukepiewalker

There's no need to swear... :X

n12 Bottom Banner