National 12 - find out more...

N2516 Cliff Dweller

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 12 Mar 2007, 05:43

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2516 Cliff Dweller.  Design: China Doll, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1967
Bonfire Night 2001

ken goddard

I think I ought to add a bit more about this boat. Its first owner was the late Clive Robinson of Trent Valley S.C., who did very well with it, winning many races and trophies in the early seventies. It was then bought by Derek Armstrong of the same club around 1977. The next owners were Phil Jones - thought to be of Nottingham S.C. - and R.G.Forrest.
I last saw the boat in 2000(?) at Earlswood Lakes S.C. where I noted that it did not appear to have been looked after very well and had a hole in the stern quarter. The next year I visited ELSC, the boat had gone and I was told that it had been written off. I was surprised at this because I had felt that it was capable of being saved.
Ken Goddard 

STU W

Dont know some of the History but I do know that this boat was owned by Ian Gore from around 1978ish until he bought trouncer in around 1982. Remember Ian managed to sail it pretty fast even back in those days. Probably stayed in the club from then
12's are for life not just for christmas.

n12 Bottom Banner