National 12 - find out more...

Sea event at Exmouth

Started by Derek, 17 Feb 2009, 08:58

« previous - next »

Derek

Looking at the fixtures list there is a bit of a shortage of true sea sailing. Here is and idea - 
Exe Sailing Club - where we have previously had championships - is prepared to give us a start within the club racing during one of the weekends when they already have club sea racing scheduled.
The best weekend seems to be 18/19 July.
On this weekend there would be estuary sailing on the Saturday and sea sailing on the sunday. Three races each day.
If we turn up with a load of boats, we are going to overload the rescue facilities, so please let me know if you are likely to attend.
If there are likely to be more than about 10 boats, we had better try to work out where we can borrow a RIB.
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, please let me know!
Derek  3510

tonyelgar

I have no idea what i ll be doing that weekend yet, but it isn't too far from weymouth so I'd certainly be interested!

Tony
ex 2760/3255

Derek

So just to push this back into the visible zone on the chat board - we have the possibility for a weekend SEA meeting at Exmouth on the 18/19 July. After the roaring success of the Burton, please let me know if we have takers for some English Channel type sailing. If there are thoughts about making it a substitute Gill meeting after the demise of Hunstanton, please give me a call and I'll try the club. They might be on for that too. For the moment they are expecting up to ten, not 70 boats!
Derek

n12 Bottom Banner