National 12 - find out more...

Summer Event 2009

Started by Gareth (Guest), 02 Jun 2009, 06:41

« previous - next »

Chris Troth

I'll be there with 3412 and a small/medium tent.
Chris

Steve (Guest)

We're planning to come; probably just the 2 of us requiring medium tent space, food and beverages.
Regards,
Steve & Joanne
N3436

GregPitt

We are going to be there. Just wanting to clear something from the NOR up. is it only 3 reces to count for the event as the persuit race doesn't count for the series and 3 races planned for saturday. If this is the case from the way I read it, if all races are sailed it will be 3 races leaving 2 to count. In my experience this leaves a lot of people on equal points sometimes with the same results. Also if the race on sunday is a non-counting one will that just make a lot of people go home after the one day? Sorry if I have read the NOR wrong! just thought I would ask the question.

Really looking forward to the event though  and will be there with bells on! not sure about camping yet!

Greg
N3473  

OMSC

looking like I will be there as well.  just banged Gordon in the garage for a repaint to the decks, and a rejig of the contol lines.... so I have some. so 10 days and counting to get him ready.  if not, I will bring up token gesture.

a second tent for the girls of OMSC to go with foxi's tent

Gareth (Guest)

Hi All,
Good to see the numbers for this event creeping up, the good weather has been ordered!
To clarify the NoR:  There are 3 normal races on Saturday and 1 on Sunday (after the pursuit race) this will give a 4 race series with 3 to count.
Food, very important I know...  Unfortunately the event clashes with our commodore's wedding so our catering team are having a night off to go join the party.  I'm hoping the fleet would be happy with a bit of a DIY BBQ, the club will supply the fuel and a couple of big BBQs and there are fridges for storing food for those of you camping.  The bar will of course be open! 
See you all in a week or so
Gareth

Gareth (Guest)

One day I'll manage to write everything I want to in one message rather than having to add it on later!
The catering team will be around during the day on Saturday and Sunday, so it's just Saturday evening where with beer in hand the BBQs will be lit.
Cheers
Gareth

Jerry G (Guest)

N3500 arriving Friday evening.  2 people, one tent space please.

chopper

sorry for being thick is this just open meeting or will their be a training day on sat

would like to come with my 7 year old boy distance is a bit of a issue we are in colchester still thinking about it

Roly Mo

It's an open meeting, no formal training (but lots of friendly advice and support!).  I will be sailing with my 7 year old and she'd be delighted if there was another youngster out on the water. 

Bernard

Patrick Hamilton

I am looking for a crew for the summer event. I have sent Christine an email as she was looking for a boat to sail in but i dont know if it was received. Does anyone know if Christine is already spoken for and if so if anyone else in interested in a crewing job?
Patrick Hamilton
N3361

Gareth (Guest)

Hi Patrick and any other interested parties,
I have 1 oppy sailor sized crew available this weekend from the club's junior section, certainly light wieght, very good sailor, but will be new to 12s. Drop me a reply here or a mail on gareth[underscore]williams[at]talk21[dot]com. 
Cheers
Gareth

sam293

due to my helm in the enterpox for the inlands  i was ment to this weekend, not being able to make it. Im wondering if anyone could lend me a boat + crew or let me crew for them so i can do the n12 summer event instead.

thanks
sam

sam293

would anyone be able to lend me a boat for this weekend?
preferably one from l and l sc but i can get it on my way if anyone would be kind enough to lend me their boat.

i have a crew sorted

cheers
sam

Gavin Willis

Gavin and Sabrina will dust off F'in boat and be there with a tent (and huge foam beds to make camping more user friendly):)

Roly Mo

Sadly it now looks unlikely that we will be there (broken trailer, dodgy ankle, crew wants weekend off etc, and that's before we mention the garden . . .).  Hope everyone has a wonderful time!
RM and Co

n12 Bottom Banner