National 12 - find out more...

Midland Area Series

Started by paul turner, 23 Jun 2009, 02:13

« previous - next »

paul turner

We have had a very good turnout so far in the new MAAT series with 19 at Trent Valley and 13 at Hykeham. Here's a reminder of the remaining meetings:
Sunday 12th July Welland (new for 2009!) 3 races from 11:30 - i/c Andy Prior
Sunday 23rd August Redesmere (welcome back!) - i/c Alan Mason
Saturday 12th September Olton Mere (watch out, the lads are getting good!) - i/c Chris Troth
Sunday 13th September Trent Valley - this will be TWO open meetings in one, plus the MAAT prizegiving after tea! Three races from 11:00 - the DBs and ACs will sail together, and the 4 plankers and Vintage will start five minutes later. THIS EVENT WILL COUNT TOWARDS BOTH THE VINTAGE SERIES AND THE MAAT!
You only need one event to qualify; the best three results will be counted and non-attendance will be scored as the total attendance at the largest open meeting plus 1 point.
And in addition to the usual presentation of the MAAT trophy to the overall winner a voucher for a half price ALVERBANK Dacron jib will be awarded to the winner and the first AC boat.
More info? Email me: paul@alverbanksails.co.uk :K)

andyp

Hi See separate posting or details of Welland YC event on the 12th July

Chris Troth

Hi All. Some more info about the Olton Mere meeting.
We're hoping to have a nice full day's racing with 5 races. It is also going to count towards the youth series.
There will be a pig roast after racing and there is space for people to camp over before making their way to trent valley the following morning!
I know it's early yet, but if you know you're coming, please go to http://www.oltonmere.org/html/n12_open.html and enter your name etc into the database so we can get a rough idea of numbers.
Chris

n12 Bottom Banner