National 12 - find out more...

Potential winter travellers series

Started by OMSC, 12 Jul 2009, 10:39

« previous - next »

OMSC

Yes, I know it is the middle of summer, but I just thought of the idea, and I am not going to try to remember it in 4 months time when it might be more timely, so I will bring it up now.

In order to promote the class to general sailors, it is good to have a high attendance at non class events. If we had an additional prize within class for ourselves, then it might encourage more people within the N12 fleet to travel.

the type of events I am talking about are on the whole fairly well attended by the N12 fraternity.  I can think of 5 off the top of my head. Bloody Mary, Steve nicholson at Northampton. Hoo freezer, Tiger trophy and Shustoke gauntlet.  There are probably more.  If we made a 2 to qualify, best 3 results, prizes for AC, youth, vintage and those modern fangled thingys....

I just think it would be amazing to turn up mob handed with fleets of 10+ boats to each event, and get out the general vibrancy and feel of the class to all those disbelievers in the sailing fraternity.  Even if all we achieve is to show how to drink a bar dry, have a good time and loose with dignity.

I open the floor to derision, I mean discussion.::)

OK... and I just had a really insane thought..... what about making the bloody mary the first event of the gill series?

andyp

It would get my vote - but what about starting with the Grafham Grand Prix?

n12 Bottom Banner