National 12 - find out more...

Seahorse Sailor of the Month

Started by John Meadowcroft, 03 Jul 2009, 10:35

« previous - next »

John Meadowcroft

Quite simply if you dont know about Seahorse magazine then you should.  It is the monthly magazine of the Royal Ocean Racing Club and is available subscription only.  Each month they have an online poll for the Seahorse Sailor of the Month.

This month there are two nominations.  Some guy who designs Volvo 70s and Jo Richards some guy who sails National Twelves!

Click on the link below to vote.  When I voted I was offered a discounted subscription for six months - I was disappointed to already be a subscriber...  It is not cheap but it is definetly a very interesting read and the discount makes a real difference. 

http://sailor.seahorsemagazine.com/seahorse-sailor-of-the-month.html

I dont think Jo should win too much more but I think that this would be a good win!  We need to be organised as it is quite possible that more people may have heard of the V70 than the N12.  When you vote reply here to make sure that we keep this at the top of the forum...

Bim Daser (Guest)

Just added my vote, for Jo, of course. 

Bim
N3410

David_Wilkins

David Wilkins<br /><br /><br />Ex 925, 2433,2730,2825,3139,3345.3405,3481

Jeremy C

Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jane Wade

FuzzyDuck

aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Alex D

Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

Tim Gatti

Roly Mo

paul turner

Bob1

Me too!

(Alternatively, if you area cheapskate like me, the daily scuttlebutt email tells you every month who has been nominated and how to vote.)

Clare
From the front end of 'The Cat in the Hat' N3529

icecreamman

Just voted for the 12 sailor

grazz

Us too. We had a great day trial sailing Dead Cat Bounce on Sunday on the IOW in sunshine and plenty of breeze against Jo in Bouncer. The boat was very well behaved and planed upwind through the Solent chop8). The winged rudder and trim tab centreboard kept the crew busy (Zoe's growing two extra arms!). We discussed bringing DCB over to the 'north island' so other people could have a go, please get in touch if you're interested.

John Hugo

n12 Bottom Banner