National 12 - find out more...

Midland Area series - Welland 12th July

Started by andyp, 25 Jun 2009, 12:49

« previous - next »

andyp

Hi Everyone, looking forward to welcoming you to Welland Yacht Club on the 12th July. The first of three races kicks off at 11.30am.
Directions to the club can be found at http://www.wellandyachtclub.co.uk/contact_us.htm the Google map also give you a pretty good indication of the water we sail on. Narrow but varied and long, really improves the tacking skills!
We plan to provide rolls for lunch within the entry fee (£10) as that seemed to work well at Hykeham (a great event Steve), is everyone happy with that? If anyone wishes to camp over on the saturday there's plenty of room at the club just let me know in advance.
To assist with organisation can those attending post a reply please, look forward to seeing as many of you as possible
Andy and Charlotte Prior

paul turner

Hi Andy & Charlotte! Christine and I will be there in N3157 Perfect Kiss - hope to have the new Aardspars carbon rig suitably tuned by then. Looking forward to some "ditch crawling"! Px :K)

martin 1262

Paul for a minute I thought you said bitch crawling, dont you know they calls them Dykes in the Fens! :P Can I say that on this forum??;)
Andy Will be there in White Heat, no camping necessary!! Food arrangements ok by us.
Look forward to some tacking practice then?

Martin and Matt

paul turner

So that's three of us yotting on 12th July! And you are probably too young to remember the infamous team racing trio of Dalby, Robinson and Turner aka the "Trent Valley Ditchcrawlers"? Oh, and the word "dyke" means something entirely different over in these parts! Px :K)

martin 1262

broz

Brian and Ros will be there with 3271 Indecision.

paul turner

Gerald Copsey is currently well in the lead of the MAAT after 2 rounds with Andy Pryor second (??)!?!?!?!) and on his home territory next weekend, then a whole bunch on virtually the same points. All the play/sail for! I will publish the running order after Welland. Px :K)

andyp

After much pressure we have persuaded the Environment Agency to put a couple of weed cutters in the river to clear any weed before Sundays event. The long range forecast looks reasonable with lightish winds
All we needs now are a few more boats!

Tim Gatti

I'm afraid a lot of us Northern boys and girls will be playing out at Grimwith Reservoir that day so sorry, we won't be able to join you on the Welland.  Great to hear you are getting a personal weed cutting service from the Environment Agency . Do they do gardens as well?

GC

Gerald & Nick are planing to be there. Leaving the others to do the last 5 hours of the 24hour race at Little Paxton so we might be a bit grumpy,
especially Nick
the AA tell me its only 40miles from paxton so maybe we can get an hours kip.  

paul turner

Brilliant day's yotting on Sunday! Bright sunshine, gusty breeze and great hospitality & organisation - well done and thanks to Andy Prior and the crew at Welland Yot Club. Full report soon but Gerald Copsey won and is now well in the lead in the series. Px :K)

FuzzyDuck

Must be that Carbon Rudder I sold him......
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

broz

Brilliant day,forgot how exciting sailing on the Welland is. Thanks to Andy and team for a great day.

andyp

Thanks for the kind feedback, we really enjoyed hosting it.
The reports on its way to Graham but photos can be viewed on our club website in the meantime:
http://www.wellandyachtclub.co.uk/photos.htm

GC

I must add my thanks to Welland for oraganising a great day- Bacon butty to get us going, superb wind and very efficient starts with Sarah giving people just enough time to be ready and no time wasted. Thanks also to Paul for giving me a hard time all day and to Martin for capsizing when he was going too fast.
Be serious though Simon, Ive only had the Rudder 6 weeks. I only got the pintle on Friday. I don't do thinks in a hurry. Might have it ready for breaking at Norfolk!!

n12 Bottom Banner