National 12 - find out more...

Vintage at NWNWeek

Started by paul turner, 27 Jul 2009, 10:36

« previous - next »

paul turner

I know that it's only a few days away, and I hope that this doesn't cause any problems but is anyone taking a vintage boat to NWNW? As it's their 60th a few vintage yots might create even more interest in N12s and NWNW. I believe that Peter Miatt was rumoured to be thinking about an old boat (and dressing accordingly!), and hopefully Vince will be there as usual for one or two races in his 7 plank Whisper. If there is interest, I would like to take Dolly instead of N3157 this year. Gattiman will probably take his Baggy rather than N2255 (pressure from crew to sail a "fast" boat!). RSVP asap! Paul :K) N2020/N2359/N2399/N2487/N3157 (nearly as many as our Chairman?)

Tim Gatti

Hi Paul - don't know how fast we'll be in the Baggy - depends on breeze and whether or not I can keep my head clear of the boom for a whole week!  If you do take Dolly will you be joining the Vintage contingent at Norfolk Broads YC for their Vintage Regatta at the end of NWNW ?  Two more and we'll be level pegging...but who's counting.  All I know is that they cost a lot to insure.  Tim

paul turner

Yo Gattiman! Regret that we will not be going to Norfolk Broads after NWNW; farming duties and major local social comittment on the Sunday means back home to darkest Derbyshire Saturday morning. Have had clearance from NWNW to change to Dolly (no problem to them) and Roly Mo will be taking the Smuggler as well as the plastic yot to hedge bets. Not heard from Vince yet...... Px :K)
And talking of other yots, it's not so much the insurance, it's the time, energy and repairs that cost! Took Mr Jones for a spin on Sunday; good fun but work to do..... :D

kingcrabber

Paul, I would have a quiet word with Bernard about this Smuggler as I am sure Jennie is not too aware of its existence...

Tim Gatti

But Paul - I thought you had an onsite carpenter to do all your boat maintenance?  KingCrabber's right - Bernard's boat is a Landamore Sparklet.

paul turner

Oops! Suitably told off and I should have known - sorry! And slightly baffled coz Peter M is apparently taking two boats? :-/

Little Bo

I was getting very worried - had another boat appeared in the Clark household without me knowing about it?  Seems not (thankfully) although there are mutterings about 'if only we had the space' whenever himself has sailed a Ribbie . . . . 
Mrs RM
PS anyone want to buy a 2.8m Avon RIB?  We have one which is surplus to requirements taking up garage space . . . .

Roly Mo

I can categorically deny that I am going to be smuggling anything other than pies at NWNW!
RM

Kevin

Sorry Paul, but I have it on good authority that Peter Miatt will have two crews with him but only one boat. Apparently the plan is the heavier crew will do the light weather days and the lighter crew will do the breezier races!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

paul turner

A cunning plan! But which boat, Kevin?

Kevin

Paul, I know the answer to that too, but due to a completely warped sense of humour that allows me to feel your frustration from a couple of hundred miles away, I ain't going to tell.

n12 Bottom Banner