National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe Week 2009

Started by John Murrell (Guest), 04 Jun 2009, 04:05

« previous - next »

John Murrell (Guest)

The NOR and Entry Forms for the 2009 Henri Lloyd Salcombe Yacht Club Regatta can be downloaded from the SYC website ; www.salcombeyc.org.uk
If you need ant other details just give me a call - numbers in the handbook! 8)

MikeDay

Let's celebrate the fact that while a lot of the Class are heading to Norfolk next week, we still have 16 boats entered for Salcombe Week so we should have a terrific time.  Let's hope Salcombe's famous micro-climate does its stuff, especially after last year ...

Mike D
N3496

Dave Croft

Where is the entry list? All I've heard is the Cadet national champion has stolen his Dad's boat and with the help of his sister will be trying to scare you all!

sophie (Guest)

Just back from Salcombe where it is all fun and games in a real mix of conditions, from really quite windy and driving rain through to nearly nothing and glorious sunshine.

I'm not sure what happened today but John and Mandy are showing everyone the way, although lots of boats have had their turn at the front. Kerry and Theo/Freya are second ad first local boat, followed by Chris and Nicky, then Simon and Karan Ballantine, and Arthur and Mary Henderson.

In the other fleets Kerry and Chris Mayhew are 2nd and 3rd in the Lasers (Dad and Chris Edwards also battling it out in 8th and 9th), Will Henderson is leading the Yawl red fleet and Tom Ballantine the junior handicap. This evenings hot competition is for the Blinkhorn (under 18s) for which there are a number of hot contenders.

Results for the week: http://www.salcombeyc.org.uk/content/racing-results/%5Eregatta-2009%5ENational_Twelve/

sophie (Guest)

Correction: it was Peter Ballantine who was leading the junior handicap, which he has subsequently won!
Overall rsults now online, well done John and Mandy who have won from Chris and Nicky in second, and Peter Cook and Janet Exelby (new to the fleet this year) who picked up some great results towards the end of the week to finish third.
Tom Ballatine won the much coveted Blinkhorn from Mary Henderson, Kerry was second in the Lasers, Will looks to have won the yawls (although it says provisional, so more tha likely there's a protest. Think that's it for another year...

simon ballantine

The under 18's Blinkhorn Cup race was a real success this year with six 12's on the start line, all helmed and crewed to a very high standard by some very small sailors.  We held the race in the early evening after the main days racing and picked a sunny day with a steady breeze.  The combined age in most of the boats was about 25, which all bodes well for the future of our fleet.

sam293

thats fantastic simon, do you think we could encourace them up to some of our youth events this year?
let me know asap
cheers

MikeDay

Great week as always - John and Mandy were very quick and the home fleet sailed impressively.  Thanks too to John M for organising it all.  Does anyone have a link to any photos taken during the week?

Mike D
N3496

JohnMurrell

I don't have a website so you will have to make do with the offerings on the database!!!!!!!!!

8)

sam293

you could set up a photobucket account http://www.photobucket.com/

free image hosting, great site!!

n12 Bottom Banner