National 12 - find out more...

Midland Area 2009

Started by Chris Day (Guest), 11 Aug 2009, 06:16

« previous - next »

Chris Day (Guest)

The next event of the Midland Area series is at Redesmere Sailing Club on the 23rd August. It’s also part of the Vintage series so there will be plenty of prizes to be won.

There will be a briefing at 10.30am with the 1st race at 11am. Directions to the club can be found on the Redesmere website: http://www.redesmere.org.uk/club/directions.html

Please add to this thread if you’re planning to come along and say if you would like to book lunches. Also let me know if you need a crew for the day.

If you want to email, you can contact me on christian.day@hotmail.co.uk or my number's in the book.

paul turner

Hi Chris! What is the postcode for satnav purposes? I hope to be there! Cheers, Paul :K) 
Thinks - But which boat shall I take? N2020/2359/2399/2487/3157? :-/

OMSC

we are looking at 3 boats coming from Olton Mere. I will bring up Token Gesture, Tom is bringing le shed and Chris is bringing his tart. Crews and tows have been arranged...

Crusader 3244

"Why can't you..?" was deposited in the garage after TBYC and still contains some of our camping gear!   .. Sad, or what!?    :'(
That we are missing the sailing and the social is a factor of work and personal interests.
It is handy that the boat is drying out  but we also confess to feeling guilty over not supporting events.
No straight answer as yet but this is a team in talks over wetting bottoms for our home open.
Chris, 3244

paul turner

So that's 5 of us! Do we have any of the Vintage circuit joining us? Presumably Alan will be there too? Any indication of your postcode yet? Px ??) decided on N2487! 8)

paul turner

Six of us! Be afraid - Ken Goddard will be there with the renewed and revitalised N2300! Px :)

Chris Day (Guest)

Paul

The postcode is SK11 9JU but make sure you stay on the A34 until you reach the track to the club. There should be a sign for the club at the turn.

Cheers

Chris

steve_ln

Chris,
We plan to bring Carbonara along to sail on Sunday.
Steve
N3502

OMSC

May I be first to thank Redesmere for an excellent day.  It was great to see such a mix of boats, from modern to vintage, and a healthy amount of all.

Everyone from Olton Mere thoroughly enjoyed it, and to see both youth helms get 4th positions in races was amazing. Especially as tom white borrowed my cheshire cat and managed to thoroughly embarass me having never sailed it before. Cheers tom.

It was also great to see a vintage, an AC and a DB each take a position in the top 3. Events like this and trent earlier in the year are a great advert for the class, and amazingly inclusive.  Hopefully, olton mere and trent valley next month can continue the trend (I am having the cheshire back tom)

A final and big personal thanks to the redesmere repair crew who through the dilligent supply of power tools, perfect bolts and expertese managed to get boats fixed and out on the water between races!! I honestly thought ripping my hatchet board out of the fitting was going to be terminal!!

also worth a mention is the hospitality to our dedicated pit crew. they were made to feel truly welcome, as they took over a corner of the bar, emblazoned in club colours supporting the 5 teenagers out there on the water. mothers, fathers, brothers and associated friends all enjoyed the day.

I look forward to the official writeup, and the view from the front from our hosts.

n12 Bottom Banner