National 12 - find out more...

Gill Series No 5 - Tynemouth SC

Started by Charlotte Stewart, 30 Jul 2009, 09:30

« previous - next »

GC

Philip David is going ( or I've got a spare crew)

Chris Day (Guest)

We'll be there.

Will there be camping available on the Friday night?

Chris and Sophie
N3377

Steve (Guest)

Just to say thanks to everyone involved in organising the Tynemouth open meeting; it was a fantastic event and we really enjoyed it. We don't get too many chances for open sea events and to get 2 days racing outside the Harbour was excellent and for those that remember the Tynemoth Tuesdays, Saturday's wind was at least a force or two less than those events.
The entry number was a bit disappointing and I know its quite a distance for a lot of us, but the journey is well worth it. Next year is the 60th running of the Tynemouth Bailer event so let try to support it with as many boat as we can.
Regards,
Steve
N3436

martin 1262

As first timers to Tynemouth we both thoroughly enjoyed the racing and  hospitality at the club. The Saturday sailing was exhilerating and exhausting in equal measures, and whilst we did not manage to finish, it was great sailing and excellent courses. The rescue crews in particular wee brilliant and we kept them well and truly busy!!!!!!!!!!!
I would like to add to Steve's comments, its a great venue, and for those that missed the event its worth making a diary date next year.

Martin and Cathy

GC

I would also like to say thank you to Tynemouth. It was a great place to sail and although we bottled it in saturday we had a nice sail back with our personal rescue boat ( almost 1 for each competitor). Sundays racing was less challenging and a super sail. The race officer set a good short line and a good course with some excellent reaches. Steve forgot to say he won (far to modest ) He and Jo showed how it should be done on both days winning all four races.Philip David(crewd by Anthony Copsey) was 2nd in both Saturady races and 2nd overall. Chris and Sophie were 3rd in both saturday races and 3rd overall. Dave Peacock ( with Tricia ) was 2nd in both Sunday races and fourth overall. 
Please go next year. there are not many clubs who have supported the class for 60 years so lets try to make it special.
Gerald
N3411   

Roly Mo

There were a number of us who couldn't be there who would normally support TSC events and I am personally very sorry that I had to miss the event due to having my leg in plaster, but (successful surgery permitting) I will be there next year.  Howard Steavenson is similarly incapacitated this year and I'm aware of a number of others who would normally have been there but couldn't make it this year.  We thought of you as we sat and watched the white horses in the Firth of Forth!  Well done to all who took part,
RM

n12 Bottom Banner