National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe. 10/11 october

Started by Dare Barry (Guest), 29 Aug 2009, 12:53

« previous - next »

Dare Barry (Guest)

Planning to make a rare trip to to north island. can anyone let me know details of the Salcombe open on October, need to book ferries etc.
Thanks Dare

John Meadowcroft

Hopefully John Murrell will confirm, but I would expect 3 races.  One on saturday starting around 2pm, one sunday morning, one sunday pm.  If SYC are running something different to this it would be equivalent to hell freezing over as they seem to like to keep to formats that work!
See you there.

JohnMurrell

Dare / John
The entry forms are on the SYC website - http://www.salcombeyc.org.uk/content/entry-forms-sailing-instructions/
As you quite rightly say John, a tried and tested formula of one race on Saturday afternoon followed by food and beer in the Club.  Then 2 'gentle' races on Sunday with a lunch break in between.
With all the moored boats out of the estuary at that time of year, a mid morning high water and very neapy at that, and normally a fresh little breeze to liven things up a tad what more could you ask for!!!!!!

Kevin

That's easy John! How about moving Salcombe a hundred miles nearer Essex?

John T (Guest)

Looking forwards to another visit to Salcombe ... just downloaded the notice of race and see that the Solo's go first, should make for some interesting inter fleet racing;) ... at least it seems that there won't be any fishing boats around.

Cheers, JT

Gavin Willis

I havent got much more hair to tear out so I will give it a go, especially as I am about 200miles closer than Kevin:)
Gavin

JohnMurrell

Have taken pity on you John and altered it a bit - you wont have to attack the Soslows now.................

Gavin Willis

:(But that means I have to get up earlier!

JohnMurrell

10 mins less beauty sleep then?:P

John T (Guest)

So Mr Murrell, can you apply your organisational skills to the weather as well? 15Kts and 20 degrees would be great! See you in October.

Thanks, JT

n12 Bottom Banner