National 12 - find out more...

Trent Valley Open 13th Sept

Started by paul turner, 25 Aug 2009, 05:29

« previous - next »

paul turner

The TVSC Open on Sunday 13th September is two meetings in one!
There is the usual Vintage and 4 Plank event PLUS there will separate races for the DB/ACs as part of the MAAT series AND the results from BOTH will count towards the overall MAAT series; the Vintage results will also be counted in the Witchcraft Bailer Series.
This is the final event of the new MAAT "Rivers & Ponds" series - note that the Olton Mere Open (and social) is on the day before - and the prize giving for the MAAT will be after racing at TVSC.
Notice of meeting will be posted later, but please email Ken Goddard and/or me to let us know if you will be there, to help us with the organisation and catering. We had 19 at the Open in May; we can cater for up to 42 boats! Hope to see lots of you at Trent Lock on 13th! Cheers, Paul :K)

paul turner

The interim results for the MAAT should be on the website soon; with Olton Mere and TVSC in less than two weeks there are several people who could still win overall and first AC. Don't forget that both will receive a voucher for a half price dacron Alverbank jib! Px :K)

GC

The Copsey Family will be at Trent but unfortunately not at Olton Mere due to family wedding.

paul turner

10 days to go and we have 11 entries already promised (but sadly three regulars have apolgised :() - the score is four vintage and seven DB/AC. Please let me know as soon as possible if you are joining us so that we can orgainse catering, rescue etc. paul@alverbanksails.co.uk 07710 324 800 :K)

Roly Mo

Sadly we can't be there, I'm now off sailing till the end of the year due to surgery on tendons.  Hope the day is good and the wind fair.  Looking forward to being able to introduce Ellie to the delights of TVSC in 2010.
RM

paul turner

8 days to go and we now have 15 entries, 2 maybes and lots of invitations out there! And we would be deligthed to welcome even more of you! Please let me know if you are coming (or not if you are a regular visitor to TVSC opens!) Paul :K)

OMSC

I will be there in Gordon, battling for the 4 planks.

tom white

The new looking le shed will be there again :D
this time not looking like a shed too much ;)
 cant wait
see you in a week :D

tom.white (N2765)

Crusader 3244

superb event last year and we loved it. Commitments stand in the way this time around.:'( Have fun, y'all.
Chris, 3244

paul turner

Greetings All. We have 16 promises plus 3 possible/probables = 19 so far !?! :)
6 vintage, four 4 plankers, 3 ACs and 3 DBs
And even more are welcome. Paul :K)

GC

Many Thanks to Paul for organizing anither great days sailing (interesting and challenging). Congratulations to Graham and zoe on winning in a slow boat
and to David and Tricia on winning the Midland Area. Also many thanks to Alverbank sails for generously sponsoring this with two half jibs on offer.
One more mention to Tom who was sailing so fast that us AC boats were happy not to have him with us.
gerald 

paul turner

Thank you Gerald for your kind words; hopefully evreyone enjoyed themselves. The report of the open (both AC/DB and Vintage/4 plank) plus the MAAT final results are with Graham. I would appreciate feed back on this year's new style for the area series; we have had one complaint that we have not promoted youth and 4 plank sailing enough. We will hoover up all responses and improve for next year! Px :K)

sam293

just to say, after chatting to paul at norfolk week, he and trent valley are very keen on youth promotion, but it was just too late to get them into the youth series! but as long as they let me? there will be a youth meet at trent next season!

n12 Bottom Banner