National 12 - find out more...

Henley open - 20th Sept - and Thames Area update

Started by MikeDay, 10 Sep 2009, 01:22

« previous - next »

MikeDay

In the absence so far of any official notice from club supremos (yes, that means you, Messrs Thornton and Meadowcroft), this is just to remind you that the annual opportunity to sample the distinctive pleasures of the river at Henley (roll-tacking, trees, motor cruisers, BIG windshifts, great tea on the lawn and a really friendly welcome) comes up on Sunday 20th September.  There's an absolutely enormous old trophy to race for.  Last year, we had the 2008 Silver National and Burton Cup winners going head-to-head so you can be sure of great competition.  The usual format is three races, with the first before lunch at 1100 ... I can't imagine it'll be any different this year.

This is the penultimate meeting in this year's Thames Area series.  We finish at Twickenham the following week.  So that's just two opportunities left for quite a lot of people to get to the required four meetings to qualify.  In the lead right now is Jon Ibbotson by virtue of being the only qualifier so far but all could change on the river ...

Mike D
N3496

Nigel W

The Whites will be there. Rosie in Eric and the oldies in 3490. Lets hope for another beautiful day.
Nigel

Antony (Guest)

Strangely (for anybody that knows my love of river sailing) it looks like I will be sailing too.  Details (boat, crew etc) are coming together nicely. 
Anybody with small children should bring them along, there will be lots to play with on the shore.....
Antony
N3348 & 3292

johnk

2607 hopes to be present to prop up the back of the fleet.

MikeDay

Great day at Henley, even though little wind.  Astonishing 15 boats turning out made for interesting starts.  Graham and Zoe won from John and Mandy, and therefore win Thames Area series 2009.

Mike D
N3496

n12 Bottom Banner