National 12 - find out more...

Up River YC Open 19th September

Started by FuzzyDuck, 10 Sep 2009, 09:36

« previous - next »

FuzzyDuck

Its time to come to this pretty corner of Essex and try your hand a tidal river racing.
Think you are good enough? Then come on down.
Saturday 19th September. start of first race 12 noon.
2 races, with Lunch break inbetween, both to count for the overall prize. As usual there will also be a prize for the first AC boat.
Lunch is provided within the entrance fee.  I would tell you what this is but Penny hasn't done the maths yet, however it is unlikely to be much more than £6 to £7.00.
Please help out by indicating here if you are planning to attend and Penny can work out the maths!
If you want to stay over and do some River racing at Henley on the following day let us know and we can arrange camping at the club.
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

MikeDay

"If you want to stay over and do some River racing at Henley on the following day ..."
For the geograhically-challenged, it's about 100 miles from Hullbridge to Wargrave, so camping overnight in Essex might not be the easiest way to do both meetings!  But it's a generous offer ...

Mike D
N3496

FuzzyDuck

Perhaps its all to do with how your mind works.
Having been in sales all my life a 100mile journey is just down the road. I remember the days when I would go to Rover in Birmingham for a morning meeting and being back in Essex just after lunch!
The offer was aimed at our Friends from Up North who want to come down for the weekend, they are welcome to stay. Its shorter than driving home!
Hope to see you here on the 19th as it is 'local' for you!
Simon

Kevin

Alpha Male will be making the long haul across from Thorpe Bay to be there.

Jane Wade

...sadly without an Alpha Female in the front!

FuzzyDuck

So anyone else other than Kevin?

sam293

sorry cant make this one, will be somewhere in/around southport pond for the 24hr race. Sailing for the lark class association

JonathanReubin

1719 is making the effort to get round from Brightlingsea but needs a crew.  Any ideas please? I will try and get hold of the sailing secretary on the blower.  I have been given a suit of modern sails (well for me they are) but havn't got round to sticking some numbers on so I hope you don't mind just seeing an N.  She might be the only varnished clinker boat there so I think I might be spotted over the line!

GC

Family Copsey will be there with new rudder
I think Tanya is crewing for Steve Le Grys but I've only got one set of ear defenders so should I give them to Steve or Tanya?? 

FuzzyDuck

Carefull Gerald you need to know where the shallows are with those dagger rudders!
Simon

GC

I'll just sail down the middle. The rudder makes us so much faster the tide is irrelevant.
ps just been out for a meal for our 20th wedding anniversary so maybe we'll need a new sail too. 
Gerald

Kevin

Thanks to all at Up River for a great day on Saturday. Well done to Paul and Freya Pelling for cleaning up in both races, to Gerry Ledger and Liz Ross for first AC and Jonathan Rubin for first in the vintage section.
Kevin

n12 Bottom Banner