National 12 - find out more...

CVRDA event/Scotland

Started by GarryR, 28 Sep 2009, 02:24

« previous - next »

GarryR

There has been a suggestion - and at this stage it really is a sugestion that the CVRDA might hold a Nationals at St Mary's Loch just over the border into Scotland.  Rules for CVRDA are boats designed before 1965 and must be over 25 years old.  Before St Marys was approached to see if we could get a separate start at their Regatta (English Bank Holiday Weekend) I was wondering whether this might encourage any Vintage 12 guys (and other old boat owners) to attend from the more Northern end of the country.  The racing would be Saturday/Sunday if we were allowed and there is camping on site plus a PUB and a CEILIDH I am led to understand.  Would there be any support???  As I said this is just a feeler but I'll keep you informed.  Bear in mind it was a 12 which is the CVRDA Nats champion in 2009 (Phil and Alison Philpott) and they travelled to Roadford in Devon.

Tim Gatti

Garry - a Bank Holiday weekend on 2010 might be difficult, during the the May Bank hol we will be running our National Champs - Burton Event at Weymouth, and the August Bank hol is currently identified for a possible Gill and Scottish Champs meeting at Solway Yacht Club at Kippford.  Both events will no doubt attract many of our Northern  'vintage' helms and boats who might otherwise be very keen to sail at St Mary's Loch. Tim

n12 Bottom Banner