National 12 - find out more...

N3193 Ze-bra

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 09 Mar 2007, 07:28

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life and times of N3193 Ze-bra. Design: Baggy Trousers, designed by: Robert Peebles in 1980
Original boat name: Monsoon.

John Meadowcroft

My first 12, I purchased about 1988 and kept until 1994. Competed in Burtons at Llandudno, Exmouth and Pevensey Bay. Won my first glass at Ardleigh Open Meeting. Fond memories, the boat that got me hooked.

GoingDown

Monsoon is still a captivating boat despite her age. Purchased her on Good Friday 2008 as our first National 12. Sailed at Olton Mere Sailing Club Easter Sunday by No1 son and friend who both proclaimed the sailing "exhilarating" in a heavy wind. Now I can't get a sail on her so now planning to put a second N12 on the water!

Moon Shallow

Ze-Bra
 So watch out this 12 be out soon... with mine to follow!!! (typical 2 to be broken at the same time)

Moon Shallow

Ooops first part of that post didnt post.
Ze-Bra is the new name of the boat after a new paint job. Pictures soon to follow!!! This boat is back on the water this weekend after being off for several months due to a repair to the back tank. Dad put his knee through it when putting the rudder in... we told him what to do but did he listen? So Rodger Angell has kindly repaired the tank for us with some wood and carbon for strength!!:)

tom white

I am now the proud owner of this baggy :) Hope to do it up so it is ready to race :D

Le Shed

3193 before work started

n12 Bottom Banner