National 12 - find out more...

N12 Calendar of Events 2010

Started by Roly Mo, 22 Dec 2009, 03:34

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

When it arrives you will understand . . . .  We asked for PALE lilac but the definition of pale seems to have perplexed the printer.  At least you won't lose it in a hurry!
Our grateful thanks to ICM who is going out of his way tonight to collect them and get them to Mike Brookman tomorrow.
RM and Co

angus

I see what you mean, rather painful on the eyes. Otherwise well done8)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

duncan

Got mine today, see what you mean, before I try to water it down a bit  8) , is the type water resistant, don't want to loose the paper & have a neat pile of letters to stick onto a softer colour, might get them out of order :B ? 
ps, bet you didn't know that GPs had bars in them ;)
Duncan,  & still missing the (liquid) bar on the 10 tonner 

John Hugo

Duncan,
If your'e lucky, it might pale down to the shade of N3475.   No bar on the Foolish, but bottles fit very snuggly under the side decks: (top tip from Tom).   I shan't be risking my Bruichladich if I sail on New Year's Day; which is almost  relevant to the Calendar thread.
Enjoy Hogmanay.
John Hugo   

duncan

slainte mhath John & to all,
John are you not frozen solid, we are at present, the 12 would probably glide over the ice surface with the grace of a highland dancer, Duncan

John Hugo

Slainte Duncan,
Castle Loch is frozen solid.   So the January 1st event wil be purely social.   Fortunately the first floor of the clubhouse was not affected by the November floods, unlike the ground floor which was flooded to a depth of over a metre.   The water level rose by 2.5 metres above normal, and the flood extended half way to Lockerbie.   We now have to dry out the structure and do extensive remedial works before the season starts.   I'm sure it will be ok in good time for the Twelves Open Meeting on 17 & !8 April.   Hope to see you and many others there.
John

Lukepiewalker

I remember a time when a mere frozen loch would have been no impediment to sailing.... Alas those days have passed, especially since the freezing fog nearly did for one of our outboards last year. The tin rescue boat was particularly effective in such conditions.

duncan

John, sorry to hear about the clubhouse, hope you get the damage fixed ok, Duncan

JonathanReubin

Deep Purple  =  Smoke on The Water - Da Da Daaaaa Da Da De Daa
Clearly the printer had something else on his mind when printing the calendar

n12 Bottom Banner