National 12 - find out more...

2010 Scottish Championships

Started by Roly Mo, 28 Dec 2009, 04:52

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

I know we havn't yet got into 2010, but we wanted to give this year's Scottish Championship event an extra push so, having already booked the Daisybus onto the Kippford Holiday Park site for the weekend, we thought we'd see if we could drum up some more trade!
For those who don't know it, Kippford is a small village on the Solway Coast.  It's easily accessible from the M74 (turn off at Gretna, marriage at the Blacksmith's Shop is optional) and we know from past experience that the team at Solway Yacht Club will run us a first class event.  The sailing area offers some great sea sailing with good winds and there's plenty for the non-sailors to do whilst we are bobbing up and down on the briny stuff.
The Scottish Champs have been deliberately timed to coincide with an English Bank Holiday (late August) so that we don't all have to rush south (sorry Angus but you get other bank holidays) immediately after sailing has finished and can travel home at leisure on the Monday.  If you are tempted to stay longer you will find it's a wonderful venue for a holiday.  We are currently producing a briefing note with accommodation details and will have that on the website by the end of January, but in the meantime if anyone has any questions about the event post them here and we will try and answer them.
Given adequate notice the club are great at finding crews so don't let the lack of a crew put you off coming!
RM and Co

Roly Mo

A briefing note for the Scottish Champs will be posted to the website shortly - please read it and try and come along to this great event!
Mrs RM

angus

while we are talking about Scotland and I can confirm what a brilliant venue Solway is both on and off the water I would like to draw your attention to the Scottish Travellers, with poor turn outs last year for all venues apart from Annandale we are trying two new venues this year Castle Semple 17th 18th July and Helensburgh 14th15th August. It is really important we get reasonable turnouts for these two events or we probably won't get back again, Helenburgh is particularly important as they are looking for a two handed family friendly class to adopt and they are considering the 12. So a good turn out there might sway their decision.
Sorry to hijack your thread Roly Mo but I didn't think the discussion group could stand two seperate threads on Scotland!;)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

n12 Bottom Banner