National 12 - find out more...

N3306 Equity

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 12 Mar 2007, 05:43

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3306 Equity.  Design: Crusader 88, designed by Phil Morrison in 1988
Previous boat names: Paparazzi, Wonder Years, Chalk Face. 

THG

THG

janeysailor12

Depends on when the Video was made.  It cold have been Chris Marks the original owner when she was "Chalk Face" but we changed her name to "Equity" about 5 years ago.  We being Mike Rain (legend!) and Me Jane Hill (not a legend!!!!!!)  Tried to have a look at it but i'm on the works computer and the security won't let me in!

Janey

janeysailor12

BOING!!!!! actually I'd be very grateful if, whoever put the database together could please ammend her name to Equity and NOT Chalk face.  Not a nice name for such a beautiful boat!

Jane

hairy dog

was called Chalk Face because (I think) Chris is a teacher.
get a Mungral up ya! :o

merlinchris

Hi some information about 3306 to the best of my knowledge. Originally built for a member of Trent Valley Sailing Club and called paparazzi as he was a photographer. She was subsequently sold to someone who sailed her at Findhorn in Scotland. I bought her in approx 1994 and started sailing with my youngest son aged 5. Had many years of brilliant fun sailing with the Northern circuit and at our home club Ripon and Bassenthwaite Week. Renamed Chalk Face as i am a teacher.
Photo sequence of roll tacking was taken (from video) at Ripon SC during one of the N12 training days and is Tom Stewart with crew who borrowed the boat.

She had a couple of years in dry storage, when crew grew to 6ft3. Eventually sold to Mike Raine and Jane and pleased she has found a good home.

Chrsi MARK

THG

Some pics of her in action at North Staffs Club;
THG

janeysailor12

Equity has recently been sold to Ian Cowdale who will be sailing her at Himley Hall as soon as the weather warms up a bit. Good luck Ian and I hope you get as much enjoyment out of her as Janey and I have over the years.

n12 Bottom Banner