National 12 - find out more...

One for the Norfolk sniddlers

Started by icecreamman, 21 Feb 2010, 11:40

« previous - next »

icecreamman

Have recently been checking the web cam at Wells to see some interesting developments just south of the lifeboat station....a brand new marina and small sea wall. Coupled with some dredging that has gone on in the channel could mean none of us will know where the shallows are. Back to walking the course the day before.

Jon Thompson (Guest)

8)Oh Joy, who will be out at midnight to find the shallows - I will be there.  Maybe we could start a BBQ and party on the beach!!!!

Roly Mo

You could pop over the wall and do the walking bit and then sell 'intelligence' to the fleet!  
Good news on the NWNW front, the team RM entry for Hunstanton and Brancaster has been accepted so we can bang in those 3 days and top it all off with the Jenny Lee on Monday evening, leaving us to return to the joys of work and ICM to spend the rest of the week walking courses and sandcastling!

RM

angus

Or you could just come to Loch Tummel, no shallows to worry about, just the odd building foundation but they don't move very much8)
Just incase you are wondering Tummel week is usually around the same week as NNW
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Martin

As a regular visitor to (and sailor) at Wells, I would confirm that the "Marina" is in fact where the boats working on the Wind Farm being created on Sheringham Shoals will be berthed.  The outer harbour channel has been dredged to allow the boats longer access during the tidal window.  As I understand it the spoil hasn't been taken away so could be adjacent to the deep water channel.  Unfortunately I haven't seen the outer harbour at low water for a while so I cannot confirm the lie of the land is, but it could mean that the channel markers might need to be adhered to more ridigdly for a while!
Longer term it will be interesting to see what impact the project has on both the town and the sailing.

Barry

NWNW entry is now open £80 for the week. Some cracking early starts. I am looking forward to Brancaster. The shallows at Wells should be easy to spot - our pink Lark will be stuck in them.

n12 Bottom Banner