National 12 - find out more...

Drysuit repairs

Started by angus, 21 Feb 2010, 07:04

« previous - next »

angus

I have just been putting new neck and wrist seals on my new drysuit ahen I discovered a small tear in one of the socks, does anybody know if it is possible to repair this with a punture repair kit. I don't really want to lash out on a new sock when I have already spent so much on it:( especially as I will probably have to give it to the ever growing crew next year if not before........
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Martin

I have repaired the main body of my drysuit using puncture repair kit, but using loctite glue, with some success.  Got to be worth a go! 

Tim Gatti

Angus - I have successfully repaired a hole in dry suit sock with a puncture repair outfit.
Just need to make sure there is sufficient strength in the surrounding rubber. If it's torn it may be because the rubber is worn/perished and if this is the case it will probably tear again the first time you put it on. 
Tim

angus

Thanks guys, I will give it a go. You will be handy to throw things at if it dosen't work Tim!;D
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

sam293

if you kept your old seals if they were latex, bond a large patch of that on instead?

n12 Bottom Banner