National 12 - find out more...

Boat names

Started by ifoxwell, 05 Mar 2010, 04:12

« previous - next »

beachedblastit

Just got my first 12, a Smuggler by the name of Pippin. I am informed by her previous owner, a Mr C Cox that she was 1st owned by a Mr J Cox, no relation, I have seen that he sailed her in Brixham YC Regatta in 1967.
You will not be suprised to know that she is mainly orange in colour and no I am not going to change either the name or the colour.
Nigel Reece (2143)
I'd rather be sailing.  

men at work

Our Merlin was christened Blow Job. When we got it it had been renamed Betty Swollocks.  We did rename it back to its birth title but had a long ponder when going to the Nationals and had to turn up as your boat name to one of the evening bashes! We had our young daughter with us at the time  and I think we took a couple of kites!!

Gavin Willis

That was my Merlin Rocket, I had it from new, named it and won lots of races including the Siver Tiller (Merlin Gill series) in 1985. The reason I called it 'Blow Job' was because I was known as a breeze sailor and the boat was very fast in a breeze. Yachts and Yachting would only print the number in race reports, I can't think why.
Gavin Willis

John Meadowcroft

Gavin, I had assumed that it was just an innocent mistake.

Gavin Willis

Mistake?....No. Innocent?........always until proven guilty but in this case caught with my pants down!

n12 Bottom Banner