National 12 - find out more...

scoring countback

Started by paul turner, 14 Apr 2010, 11:59

« previous - next »

paul turner

Can someone explain to me in simple monosyllabic terms how count back works? I seem to have been demoted three times on this in the last year where others have had the same score as me in the races to count then beat me on countback. At NSSC at the weekend the other guy on the same score for two races beat me in the last race, the discard being ignored. In the Witchcraft series last year I think that the first race that me and Chadders met was taken. And did I get the MAAT overall results wrong last year? Not that I am all bitter and twisted about this coz I got a better result at the TVSC vintage....but I would like to know, please! Baffled of Breaston :K)

Jane Wade

HI Paul
Discards are now completely discarded and don't count at all.  Then you count number of 1sts, 2nds etc until you can separate the two boats.  If that still fails you start from the last race to see who beat whom. 
I am 99% sure this is the case however if I am wrong someone will correct me...
Jane

Phil Brown

That sums it up well Jane

Reference is App A8 Series Ties to the Racing Rules see http://www.sailing.org/1987.php and download "RRS2009-12 Appendix A-C Updated" for the exact wording
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

n12 Bottom Banner