National 12 - find out more...

Trent Valley's Opens - another record year?

Started by ken goddard, 28 Mar 2010, 10:41

« previous - next »

ken goddard

Paul Turner is on the point of sending out Notices for the first National 12 Open Meeting in the Midlands - the prestigious Trent Valley event on Sunday, May 9. Last year, this event and the later Vintage and Midlands Series Open in September, both with 19 entries, attracted the largest attendance of an open meeting in the class, exceeded only by Burton Week and some of the Gill meetings. Are you all coming this year?
Ken Goddard
PS. Network Rail, which owns the access track to the club, alongside the railway, has made a feeble attempt to repair the surface. It's better than it was, but should get us through the year.

tom white

Hey ken :)
Yeah hopefully I and Maz are coming in N2765
 See you there

Tom White (N2765)

paul turner

If you live anywhere remotely within the Midland area and have not received a postal invitation, please let me know so we can update the database. And Ken has modestly not mentioned that he is race officer for the day at TVSC on 9th May so we can be assured that everything will run on time and most efficiently! Px :K)

GC

Hi Ken and Paul
I will be there with Tanya again - she loved it last year.  Nick will be helming too
Gerald & Nick 3411 & 3280 

Chris Troth

Hopefully, the paint will be dry on MATTAP and I'll be there!
Chris

paul turner

Thanks for the above responses - who else is coming out to play? We had 19 entris last year and can cope with up to 42! So far we have:
Tom & Maz N2765 / Gerald N3411 / Tanya N3280 / Chris N3412 / Stuart & Debi N3111 / James Clark & Christine Marshall in N3157 (coz I can't sail) and hopefully we will get another TVSC helm for one or more of the Turner Collection!
Please let me know soonest so we can get geared up for catering etc; NOR is already posted. Px :K)

martin 1262

Paul

Sadly unlikely to be there this time, as work on Starfish needed if she is going to be ready for BW.
Hope its a great event and turnout.

Martin

GC

We have 2 boats & 2 helms but only 1 crew. If anyone is available to crew please let us know
Gerald & Nick ( 3411 & 3280) 

GC

ps  forgot to say Anthony is crewing for Plilip David
Gerald

Roly Mo

Sadly we won't be there - Ellie has a Brownie trip on Saturday which is forecast to result in a 'late to bed' - never a good omen for successful or happy sailing the next day.
B

Stuart Hopson

Sorry we can only make it in the morning now due to a clash with some fireball sailing. We'll come and say hello but won't be sailing

n12 Bottom Banner