National 12 - find out more...

They're talking about us ... again

Started by MikeDay, 08 Jun 2010, 11:56

« previous - next »

Jon711 (Guest)

It's quite interesting, Rick who has admitted that he was too heavy for a 12, saying that what has changed Burton Week is reducing the amount of days...  He may have a point (I say through gritted teeth!!)
However, I tend to beleive what has changed the week is the proliferation of new designs coming out on the market.  And with winged rudders and trimtab centerboards, the class has got exciting again.  I keep wanting to get back into 12's, if I could find a crew (middle age spread would stop me crewing now!!), what boat would I pick???  When I was crewing 12's it was a choice of either a Foolish or a Foolish.  Now the playing field is open again and it can only be good for a development class....
(And let me make it quite clear, I do not blame Bim for the class stagnating, he just came up with a brilliant design!)
Lets hope the development continues...
Jon Thompson

nigelf

Four of the top six in the Points Cup this year were also in the top six last year. They say in Formula l racing that it is 80% the car, 20% the driver. I think it is the exactly the reverse in sailing. There are some outstanding skippers in our class and I reckon they would be close enough, if not in front, in any good boat.

ifoxwell

Quote from: 726Four of the top six in the Points Cup this year were also in the top six last year. They say in Formula l racing that it is 80% the car, 20% the driver. I think it is the exactly the reverse in sailing. There are some outstanding skippers in our class and I reckon they would be close enough, if not in front, in any good boat.

I tend to agree but good sailors also know a good boat when they see one... you cant separate the two that easily

Ian 

n12 Bottom Banner