National 12 - find out more...

Selling set of Racing Sails - Virtually Unused!

Started by tomematthews, 20 Jun 2010, 06:09

« previous - next »

tomematthews

Hi Guys.

I've had my N12 for about 3 years now, and before that hse was owned by Gill Moore - Sail 3262.

When I bought the boat from Gill I also bought a set of very nice racing sails! According to Gill, they had only been used a couple of times. I have only used them twice myself. So they are virtually unused! The sails are in REALLY good ocndition - the jib is still really stiff and feels like new. The main also feels like it's brand new.

I'm no expert on this sort of thing, so no idea on material etc...all I know is they are incredibly light (I picked up my 'everyday' sails afterwards and really noticed the difference!)

Pictures attached show the Main and Jib.

I'm also placing this advert in the For Sale section, but basically looking for £400 ONO for the set. Would be willing to sell separately, but preferably as a set.

Let me know if you're interested! If you have any questions, let me know...

Tom

Roly Mo

tomematthews

Antony (Guest)

I think that they must be the suit that was with the boat when i bought 3447.  I do seem to recall selling a suit of sails to Gill in the bar at Salcombe YC some years back , so i suspect that is why they were with her boat.  I did not use them much, and the boat was not used much before i bought her, but i cannot tell you how much.  I did not sell them because of their age or condition, they were just not the same shape or make as the other sails i was using at the time.
Hope this helps,
Antony

tomematthews

Brilliant, thanks Antony!
The sails are in amazing condition... I'm no expert but I would say they are pretty much 'as new' :)
I am open to offers everyone, so anyone - if you're interested, let me know!

Roly Mo

Yes, N3447 'Roly Mo' (the name will be immediately clear to anyone with small children when they see the colour combination of hull and interior) is mine, I bought her from Antony about 6 years ago I guess (Ellie was quite small at the time).
RM

icecreamman

And your avatar Bernard is a bit of a give away

n12 Bottom Banner