National 12 - find out more...

Tummel week

Started by angus, 25 Jun 2010, 10:32

« previous - next »

angus

Don't forget Tummel week, not to be missed especially if you have a topper or Oppy sailor in your family. There were three 12s there last year and it looks like there could be more this year. For more info http://www.lochtummelsc.org/ltsc/ 
If you want to camp you need to book your spot.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Alex T

my camping is booked and the entry form is on the way.
looking forward to this - havent been since 1982!!

duncan

Angus, will be there, but will be looking for a crew, not too serious a one !   Duncan
Duncan,  & still missing the (liquid) bar on the 10 tonner 

angus

Good stuff Duncan, I will see what I can do.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Alex T

Just to say that this was a fantastic event, and lived up to the fond memories I had from being there in the early 80's.

It was interesting to sail against other N12's but quite demoralising when your in a 30 year old Boat trying to sail on 1089 in a handicap fleet!!.

Thanks to Mark and Angus for a few pointers before they disappeared off into the distance - both daughters who crewed with me enjoyed themselves, especally the one who wasnt really planning on going sailing - she loved it and wants to come out in the boat more.

It was "entertaining" to find that 3223 floats happily 6 inches underwater after a capsize, and if one of the transom-flaps falls off, there is nothing you can do to empty the boat - DNF no.1, plus if there isnt much wind, you cant empty it without a bucket as it doesnt sail fast enough to empty (DNF no.2) - Lesson(1) - DONT CAPSIZE!!

We had occasional (of VERY brief) moments of keeping up with Angus and Mark, till our lack of experience caught us out and we disappeared backwards down the fleet - much more practice is required, but as we are now (after 9 races) just into double-figure on times out in the boat, I suppose I shouldnt expect too much.

Now... off to the garage to repair the couple of broken bits and survey the diary for our next possible outing.....

Alex (N3223 - China Crisis)

n12 Bottom Banner