National 12 - find out more...

Mast Foot Plate for attaching Kicker fittings etc

Started by Roly Mo, 21 Aug 2010, 08:58

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

I bought a couple of these from Ovington a long time ago, and found them absolutely fanstastic.  Fitted under the mast foot and allowed you to fix things like the kicker to the plate.  Has anyone any ideas where I could get one now?
RM

Tim Gatti

Hi Bern - I think you can get them from P&B - seem to remember seeing the item in their catalogue
Yes!! Try this link
http://shop.pinbax.com/index.asp?selection=detailed&uid=34433&itemtitle=Mast%20Step%20Fitting%20Plate
Not cheap though you won't get much change from £80.00
Tim

Sallis jnr

Yeah there is a good place however have you considered making your own one then you could put the fittings on exactly where you want them. Plus it allows you to get one for much cheaper than buying it brand new from a shop.
It's alright to dream.

johnk

Try asking at your local scrapyard for 16g Stainless steel sheet pref A316 spec but dont be too fussy. I still have some Nimonic 90 bits since the scrapyard was near the National Gas Turbine Establishment.

MikeDay

If you ask Mike Cooke, he'll make you a nice one in carbon - don't know how much though...

Mike D
N3533

Roly Mo

Having sailed today a kicker which gives me more throw and longer jib sheets suddenly seem a higher priority!
RM

Overpriced (Guest)

I’d go for the stainless, the idea that all key controls are well attached is worth the stupid price for the piece of mind.  The carbon will break or wear through, the question is when not if.
[face=Arial] [/face]
Have you tried a kicker you can easily move up and down the boom?  With a spliced string with the tail hanging out we can easily move ours on the water.  One setting for loads of wind and one for very little, both work most the rest of the time.  Should cost pennies.  No need to change the rest of the kicker.
[face=Arial] [/face]

n12 Bottom Banner