National 12 - find out more...

Gill Series 2010 - Event 6 and Inland Champs

Started by Charlotte Stewart, 24 Aug 2010, 08:43

« previous - next »

Charlotte Stewart

The sixth event in the 2010 Gill Series is to be held on 18 and 19 September 2010 at Grafham Water Sailing Club and will also be the 2010 Inland Championships.
We are sharing the event with the larks - also their Inlands, with plans in place for a great weekend with six races to be held over the 2 days.  There will be a briefing at 11am on Saturday, with the warning signal for the first race (of three back to back) not to be before 11.55am.  The preparatory signal for the first race on Sunday will not be before 10.25am.
The Notice of Race can be found at http://gwsc.no-ip.org/gwsc_docs/2010/NORs/GWSC%20MASTER%20NOR%202010%20-%20V3%20-%20N12_Lark%20V2.pdf
Further information, including directions, local accommodation etc can be found on the Grafham Water SC website at www.grafham.org
Camping / campervans are very welcome - there is a charge of £5 for tents and £10 for campervans (pre booking of campervans is essential).  Food is available from the club all weekend and a disco is planned for Saturday night.
Any questions, contact Tom or myself - the number is in the book.  Looking forward to a great turnout - we've had some fanstastic Gill series at Grafham in the past three years.

tom white

Hey :)
I and Maz should be coming in Le Shed.
My parents were wondering if we could bring our 9 man tent to stay from the friday till the sunday?

Thanks Tom White (N2765)

Antony (Guest)

Looks like we will be there after all, now i need to find the tent.....
Antony
N3348

ifoxwell

Hannah and I are planing on making this our first 12 event. We have a baby sitter lined up allready and are looking forward to seeing all the new shiny boats and picking up some tips from the fleet.

Ian
Bicycle Clips

Charlotte Stewart

Tom - I think it is worth contacting the club directly about camping on the Friday evening so that they know to expect you. 

Adele (Guest)

Charlotte, I've just seen a post on the Lark class forum saying that we need to book camping. Is this correct? I'm probably going blind but I can't see anything about it on our or the sailing club website.
Adele

Jeremy C

The NOR only mentions pre-booking for campervans not tents.

We are planning on being there with TC
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Charlotte Stewart

Jeremy is right, the NOR does state that pre booking camper vans is necessary but not for tents, however, if you intend to arrive on Friday evening and camp, I would suggest that contact is made with GWSC to ensure that this is possible.

John Meadowcroft

Grafham is in the middle of the country.  I am sure stealth camping is possible on a friday night...
We are coming - looking forward to seeing lots of people there.

Laura.Anne.N3412

Hello All,
John Cheetham and myself will be there in Pillow Fight N3468. Looking forward to some good racing! :)
I will be bringing my family and my brother is hoping to sail, so anyone who is planning on coming to this particular event and is in need of a crew then i have one available for anyone who is interested.
My brother has sailed 12's on a few occasions and is a reliable crew in the front of a 12. Has been to a variety of events and has achieved a variety of results, including a 1st place with Mark Simpson (Aardvark Issues) at Yorkshire Dales. He currently weighs about 9.5 stone and is about 5ft 8in.

Any response would be greatly accepted/appreciated.

Many thanks.
Laura Humphrey (OMSC)

Jane Wade

Hello
Kevin and I will be there in Snagglepuss (I assume, unless he turns up with the other pink one!).
Jane

GC

Nick will be sailing 3411 with Naomi but I am babysitting whilst Frances takes Anthony to Liverpool Uni.
Gerald

jimmy

I think i maybe putting in an appearance, now i have just found the boat sitting at the bottom of the garden....

Charlotte Stewart

Just a reminder that the Inlands and event six of this year's Gill series is at the weekend at Grafham.  Looking forward to seeing lots and lots of people there and to some great racing.

n12 Bottom Banner