National 12 - find out more...

Discount on Noble Marine Insurance

Started by Roly Mo, 07 Oct 2010, 05:41

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

I give up.  I know the link is there somewhere, but I cannot for the life of me find it.  Help!!!
Mrs RM

Antony (Guest)

Jennie,
I had some issues with Noble over a repair to my last Foolish, the result is that i no longer insure any boats with them having not used anybody else between 1990 and 2009.  I was by no means blameless in the argument but some of their opinions caused me to change insurer and give up on the claim.
I can explain more offline if you wish.
Antony

MikeDay

And to balance the picture - I have insured with Noble continuously since the early1970s and have never had a single problem on any claim in all that time.

Mike D
N3533

Mark (Guest)

I've used Noble for about 6 or 7 years now, several claims and no problems.  Prior to that I used Newton Crum and I havn't got a good word to say about them.  Their policy only covers the second hand value of any damaged equipment, not much use in my view.
Mark

Antony (Guest)

Mike/Mark,
As I said, I had the same views for 18-19 years.  With hindsight it was the good history and my positive view of them that led to me not following 'proper procedure' on this occassion.   As i said above their views shocked me and so i am no longer a customer.  If you do have a claim with them I suggest you are careful to take photos, get their approvals for repairs in advance etc.. rather than assume that will behave as they always have in the past.
I did shift the Mirror to Newton Crum, they are about half the price of any others for that class for some historical reason.  Since the boat is virtually worthless the chances of a claim are pretty low!
Antony

Roly Mo

Thanks for the info everyone.  Found the link and have re-insured the boat.  The fleet are with Nobles and have been for many years but I do wish they'd be a bit forward thinking and do something to offer multiple boat discounts!
Mrs RM

n12 Bottom Banner