National 12 - find out more...

National 12 Ties !!!!

Started by John Meadowcroft, 08 Nov 2010, 10:19

« previous - next »

John Meadowcroft

Yes, the thread title is correct.
2011 is the 75th anniversary of the Class and there is no better way to celebrate such an achievement than with a tie!
Who is interested?  I intend to go for 2, one for best, and well one that is not for best...
Will they even sell ties in 2036?  I think that it is the time for the N12 gentlemen to invest!
Please reply if you are interested so that we can work out costings.  Please say whether you want one or two...
Hopefully those with previous incarnations of the N12 tie will take some photographs and attach them to a reply.
Ladies, do you want anything?

PJD

I'd have one certainly, even though I rarely wear a tie. How about a modern jazzy design?
Philip, N3499

Lukepiewalker

Kevin

Chadders

I would certainly have one although I too rarely wear one, these days even when sailing my ribbed boat.  Noticing Philip David's comment on a Jazzy modern one, is Helen aware of this craving I wonder?

MikeDay

I could be up for one.  Re Chadders' comment above, when I was sailing on the river at Nottingham SC in the late 1960s (wearing ripped jeans and an old rugby shirt) Michael Brookman always wore a tie for the frostbite series from October to Christmas.  How standards have slipped ...

Mike D
N3533

nigelf

John. Count me in for one. That is the easy bit. The harder task is to think when I might wear it!
Nigel F. N3535

Jeremy C

Yes please John!
Seeing as I have to wear one every day it would be great to havwe a 12 tie.
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Overomtimistix

What would it look like?
I might buy one with with suitable mystery and gravitas.

icecreamman

I remember looking at the back of some really old handbooks at my parents that used to advertise ties as a Fine Article of Apparel. I bet Michael had something to do with those.

johnk

Yes please. I have carried out OOD duty in full Dinner Suit. I was at a posh party with other Sailing Club members and it was too icy to get home. I was dropped off at the Sailing Club in time to do my duty.

Pip

Can I register a vote for a ladies "accesory".  A fascinator perhaps?  Or the old classic is the brooch?
Hard to think of something like a tie that would work for us ladies (not to say we couldn't have ties as well, they're just hard to wear).  However, something would be nice.  Actually perhaps a scarf? Neck tie?

ken goddard

Yes, John. Put me down for one of the good quality versions. I suggest a navy blue tie with a single Steve LeGrys class logo in light blue and white. I will send my entry in the photograph-of-previous- ties to you separately.
Regards, Ken.G

Tom Stewart (Guest)

Are there any pictures of Brookers sailing in a tie?

grazz

An ideal Christmas present, I'll certain have one as my current tie is looking a little sad

n12 Bottom Banner