National 12 - find out more...

Looking for a 12

Started by Jon M, 30 Dec 2010, 09:36

« previous - next »

Jon M

A former owner of Baggy Aardvark, Local Motion and crew in 3226 (Abracadabra) is back...after years in the wilderness of Europes, big boats and Solos, I have seen the light.
I am looking to get a boat for 2011 season, sailing at Spinnaker again.  Looking fro a good club boat, and one I can take the kids (6 and 3) out for a sail, with the odd open thrown in. Budget - yes there is one -  upto £1500 may be able to strech that a bit with the permission of the boss.  Any recommendations/boats coming to the market?? Stumpy and SueD'ony, look possibly interesting.. 
Looking forward to getting back into the class.
Jon

paul turner

Hi Jon
Just had this email from John Poulson who is doing some owrk for me on Dolly Daydream - he thought that I might be interested but my focus is on clinker vintage classics:
[face=Calibri]Have you seen the N12 up for auction on ebay â€" sail no. 3259 â€" Crusader Design â€" comes with 2 suits of sails, cover, and combi â€" currently £116![/face]

[face=Calibri]Good luck and welcome back, Paul[/face]

Roly Mo

I'd recommend Sue D'onym - Design 8's are absolutely brilliant boats to sail with children, I race one with my daughter (9) and we have found it a fantastic boat to sail together.  Ellie finds our double bottomed 12 a bit 'fast' and dislikes the sudden acceleration.  We also have a Vintage 12 and have a lot of fun sailing that together but the D8 has the advantage that it's plastic and relatively low maintenance as a result.  At £1200 it's a snip too and will hold it's value well.
RM

thedodger

Hello Jon, great to hear you are going to sail with us at Spinnaker this year. Ian Stables has put together a sailing programme for the Spinnaker 12's, we just need your email to forward details, you could send to Ian or me via Sarah at the office (not keen to put an email address on a forum).
There are a couple of boats for sale at Spinnaker, the pink Crusader may also be available, we could check.
If you have time, we would love to see you tomorrow for the New Years race.... I might even get my 12 out if it gets above freezing!

Flew

Hi Jon, I have 3300 for sale and she is hampshire, just down the road from you. She is wood but in A1 condition with absoulutely no rot or cracks and perfect vanish and paint. Even the best looking prospective buys need work doing when you start looking closely, but this boat does not. Most importatntly she has the jib sheeting and sail controls rearranged for sailing with a small child. I started racing her with my 6 year old daughter and we have been the boat to beat at our club from day one in winds from 0 to 25 knts of breeze. Cheers Chris 07970 975173

Jon M

Looking forward to getting back to Spinnker.  What boats are available at the club? 
I have tried to reach Ian via the club, but I cant get through. Hopefully if I can find the right boat for me (and a crew...) I might be able to make the  Warming Pan, or the Burghfield Open.

MikeDay

Jon

Ian Stables has a new email address - ian.stables@gmail.com

Mike D
N3533

Ian Stables

Apologies Jon, email has been a nightmare for the past few weeks - all sorted now!
Ian<br />N3520 (Ex N3404)

n12 Bottom Banner