National 12 - find out more...

Burton Week 2011

Started by John Meadowcroft, 15 Mar 2011, 09:37

« previous - next »

John Meadowcroft

Entered... 
And delighted to report that Mrs M has agreed to crew for me.  All that is now needed is some practice...  and some luck...
Anyone else coming?
Any ideas for accommodation.  What is the deal on camping at the club.  What are the alternative options?
Thanks
Meds

JonathanReubin

Lakeside Touring Caravan and Camp Site.  Staggering distance from clubhouse though you do have to step over a couple of boat tie downs and negotiate a gate which will be open.  Thats the nearest, in fact you couldn't get nearer, so contact them and book ASAP.  If you have an r/c boat then the lake is handy for tactics practice.

paul turner

Have already entered N2359 "Shotgun", Christine has kindly agreed to crew, got a new dangly pole from Terry and Speed Sails are in the process of making me some new fab sails - so we can have a crack at winning said yot's transom back! Come on vintage yotters, who else is coming out to play? Px

Tim Gatti

My entry's gone in too and I plan to sail 'Saskia' - Donald Acklam's re-vamped Starfish at the event. 
Not sure about my crew yet as the weekend clashes with the northern musical extravaganza that is LeedsFest so Seb may not be available.
Jonathan - do you know of any young talent that might like to join me in the boat to take on the likes of Shotgun and her crispy new sails? When I sailed there in the Mirror Europeans many years ago there seemed to be plentiful crews on hand - is this still the case?
Tim

JonathanReubin

Tim

I will put the word out you are looking for a crew.  Whats with this new sails busienss, 443 might have her cotton ones back!  But only if it is sunny.

Chadders

Hi Chaps I too am sailing vintage in my Starfish Triarda N2266, awaiting confirmation from my crew but posted the entry off on a crew TBC basis.  Looks as though competition for the prestigous Shotgun transom is going to be hot!!!  Sarah and I have already booked accomodation for a week from the Friday with crew space and are looking forward to it very much.

GC

Copsey Family will be there with two boats. Accomodation booked and we expect to have new boat finished before the third day.

Jon M

Would love to be there if I can - Brightlinsea is a great place to sail, and a great club too.
Talking of great places to sail...how about 2012 inlands at rutland??

Jane Wade

Rutland not so keen on N12s.

Gavin (Guest)

;D  Cant we apologise for whatever the 12's did last time we were there?

Jon M

What ever we did, it must have been very bad...I thought I had seen some pretty good events and parties there - the 12s must party harder?!

Tim Gatti

I approached Rutland in 2010 with a view to having the 2011 75th Anniversary Celebs there.
They weren't averse to it - but it didn't happen because the dates clashed withy their own big Club Regatta;
Might be worth a try for 2012 but enquiries would have to start soon as they plan their Open Meeting Prog a long way ahead

Tim

darebarry

Just booked accomadation at the Brightlingsea motel, advised it is walking distance to the club. Will be sending entry form off this week
Dare Barry N3521 The Ginger Pudding
PS Hope some other Pudding boats will be coming out tp play

Jeremy C

Burton week (end) website now live-- see main page for link.
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jane Wade

Campsite is open for bookings today.  Just booked my pitch.  Now I just need to compile the list of necessary luxuries to make camping bearable!

n12 Bottom Banner